Thursday, April 22, 2010

Running, Fog, Training, and Life Since NS

Wednesday morning began with me not sleeping well and rising very early. I took the opportunity to finish preparing for an insurance audit, catch up on my blog reading, shooting photos of the early morning fog, and then prepping for a run. The first 2o minutes of the run were awful. Evidently I didn't sleep well because I didn't feel well, or something. Anyway I was tired and felt like poo until the last 5 minutes of the run. I guess I realized I was heading home and felt better, thus making the running more enjoyable. I thought I would have one of the poorest times, but I actually came in just a little quicker than normal. Weird. Guess because of very cool temps I was moving well even though I wasn't feeling well.

Wednesday's gym experience was weird as well. I ran two miles on the treadmill with no problem, then it felt like someone flipped a switch and I was out of energy. I moved to the elliptical and continued for 20 more minutes before being ready to workout. I attempted to train back. I was tired, weak, and uninspired. I struggled through about 9 sets total before giving up and coming home. I collapsed into the bed ans slept for 4 hours. Pitiful, I know. Anyway, I woke feeling better and quite refreshed.

Thursday morning began with me waking after getting a full 9 hours of sleep! I found Jumping Jack Flash and took off on a run. He made it about 100 yards with me, saw a rabbit, and vanished into the woods giving chase. That was the last I saw of him on the run. I finished the run with one of my fastest times yet (when not on a treadmill). Very pleased I cleaned up and headed to the gym. Easy 3.5 miles on the treadmill and then an arm workout. 6 sets for triceps and then 6 for biceps. Fast, hard, heavy, and out! I love training that way. IMHO, if you're training arms and it takes an hour, and you're doing 15 sets for bis & 15 sets for tris, you're over-training. Just my two cents.

Food for both days has been good. Lots of granola cereal (I do this whenever the temps start rising, I could live on cereal alone during the summers), lots of grilled chicken and fish, and lots of protein shakes. I have made an effort to cut back on the number of granola bars I eat during the day. They are a healthy snack, but if you eat 6-8 per day......

Since returning from vacation and cutting back (stopping) on NS I've slowly crept back towards my weight before vacation. During the week I train hard, eat well, and loose a couple of pounds. On the weekends (or when we have to eat out for a Bday or whatever) I don't worry to much with what I eat and gain a pound back. So I've slowly been loosing weight, but the great thing is that I haven't reverted to my old habits and attacked fast food, or doughnuts, or some other terrible thing. It's safe to say my healthy eating, exercising, training, running, and concern for my health has become a lifestyle, and not just a temporary diet. Very pleased.....

Below is a pic of the 5AM foggy morning. I had to wait until 5 for some cars to drive by so trees would be lit up enough to tell what I had in the frame...


No comments:

Post a Comment