Sunday, April 11, 2010

No Rest Day (Day 240)

Sundays are typically my rest day. But after last week's rest day (where I was irritable and ill from all of the rest) I decided to get a little exercise in. Kim and I went on a jog this morning. She took the lead and set the pace. She was in a very frisky (read that to mean sorta ill) mood and as a result the pace was quite quick, for us. At the 1/2 mile mark we were just over 3 minutes (this is running on dirt roads, with hills) and we finished the first mile in less than 8. No land speed records, but fast for us. We slowed to a walk and recovered for a minute. Kim then decided to head back to the house so she could go to work for a bit and I continued the normal route to complete the 3+ miles I wanted to run. Even with walking the little bit after the first mile and having to stop and tie my shoes twice, I still finished the run almost a minute faster than my usual time. I need to get Kim to set the pace from now on.

I hung around the house until the gym opened at 1 and then went in to train abs. 3 sets of machine crunches, 3 sets on incline crunches, 3 sets of v-sits, and 3 sets of crunches. I stretched for a few minutes and then got on the treadmill with the intention of walking up-hill for about 30 minutes. I ended up jogging for 50 minutes instead (with little 5 minute warm up and cool down walks).

After the gym I came home wanting to watch some golf and then the Braves game. Kim ended up not having to work much so we headed into town to run some errands. Afterward, we decided to eat at the local all you can eat Chinese Buffet. Ate way to much, but it was lovely. After we got home I was ready for baseball. My plans were foiled again. A 4+ hour rain delay was ongoing, so we went on a walk. 2 more miles (at a very easy pace). So I ended up with 9+ miles of cardio (7 jogging, 2+ walking) at that point. Later in the evening after baseball had begun, I felt tired and lazy while lying on the sofa, so I decided to ride the spin bike a few minutes during the game. Amazing how quickly 30 minutes flies by when there is something good on TV.

Other than my nasty buffet meal, I ate very well. Granola cereal for breakfast. Egg Beaters and veggie chorizo for AM snack. Pre workout meal was a granola bar and a NS fudge brownie. Post workout meal was 8 oz of grilled chicken breasts. Then came the horrible buffet (delicious). I was too full to think about a late dessert.

Tomorrow is a normal running and gym day, full of clean high protein/low calorie foods. I think we're having grilled tofu for dinner. Yum! Pic below is sunrise from a few mornings ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment