Monday, March 22, 2010

Sunday & Monday (Day 217 & 218)



This post is for Sunday, March 21 and Monday, March 22, 2010.

Sunday Kim and I headed to the gym for her second C25k workout. Same as the first. Very easy and easy on my knees. That was all of the working out we did for the day. Late in the evening we rode to Atlanta to celebrate my mother's birthday. We each had a dozen oysters and split a lobster salad.

Monday I didn't get to the gym until around lunch (I had to work briefly in the AM). I warmed up with 10 minutes walking uphill on the treadmill, then ran 20 minutes at 7mph, then 5 minutes at 6mph, and then another 5 at 7mp. After the running I walked uphill again for about 5 minutes before moving to the elliptical for 15 minutes. After the hour of cardio I trained chest. 3 sets of presses, 3 sets of incline presses, 3 sets of incline dumbbell flies, and 3 sets of push-ups. Quick, hard, and out.

Food Monday has been mostly non NS. Granola cereal and yogurt for breakfast, chicken breast for AM snack, and a protein shake for lunch. In the afternoon I had another (different, lower calorie) protein shake and 1/2 a grilled chicken breast. Dinner tonight was NS Thick Crust Pizza with fake veggie chorizo, arugula salad with olives, onions, tomatoes, a few Gorgonzola crumbles, and a dash of raspberry walnut dressing. Along with the dinner I had a granola bar before and after dinner to get in a few extra calories. Dessert was more granola cereal and a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich. Total calories for the day was about 2100. I burned about 3750.



Tuesday should be a more typical day. Bike in the morning, running and training around lunch, and hopefully another bike ride in the PM. I bought some Nestle's Quik Low sugar chocolate powder to add to my designer protein shake. It's been a little bland so maybe a little less water and a little coco powder will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment