Monday, February 8, 2010

Back Home & Back To The Gym (Day 177)

This post is for Monday, February 8th, 2010.

Kim and I (and the Pug) returned home yesterday just in time to watch the Super Bowl. We've had a wonderful few days away from the diet and training. My foot feels like it has healed up nicely, so I'll return to the treadmill as usual today. We ate our way through Myrtle Beach and the surrounding areas last week, so much so that I told Kim I was sick of food and couldn't wait to get back to my NS! I gained a few pounds, but I'll get rid of it all by next week sometime. The big news is we now have 19 days to get ready for our "real" vacation to Costa Rica at the end of the month! 100% on plan between now and then (should be easy since I can't stand the thought of food right now).

While in MB we had lots of seafood, soups (The.Best.She Crab Soup.Ever.) meats (I ate at one of the Brazilian Steak Houses), oysters, pomme frites, Indian, and I finally fulfilled my craving for nasty deep fried salty fish. I used the 8 hour drive home to wean myself off of real foods and back onto NS (I did eat a Subway sandwich on the drive as well). I had been craving (fiending) for lots of the meals we ate, so I don't feel bad at all for enjoying the break. If you're interested in reading about all of our adventures in MB, food reviews, and lots of pics, check out my personal blog here.



Cardio this morning was 30 minutes on the spin bike, 30 minutes on the treadmill (jogging) and then 30 more minutes on the spin bike this evening. Our workout today consisted of 3 sets of incline dumbbell presses, 3 sets of flat dumbbell presses, and 3 sets of push-ups. Fast, hard, and then get out of the gym!

Good food day today. NS only. Breakfast was a cinnimaon swirl bar, apple, and yogurt. Morning snack was more yogurt and a kashi bar. Lunch was cheesy homestyle potatoes with a veggie burger and arugula salad. Afternoon snack today was a coconut almond bar. Dinner was a small amount of left over rice and chana sag, arugula salad, cauliflower with cheese, and lasagna. Dessert was a white chocolate chunk cookie.



I've noticed today that after taking about 6 days off from running/jogging/spinning, my legs are exhausted. That's what I get for taking a break, I guess.

BodyBugg Info:
Calories In: 1601
Calories Burned: 3583
Calorie Deficit: 1982

No comments:

Post a Comment