Saturday, February 20, 2010

Friday Was A Bust (Day 188)

This post is for Friday, February 19th 2010.

Today was a bust. I had meetings all day and planned to train late in the evening. Never happened. As I was finishing my last meeting I got a call that one of our properties had a leak and I had to go take a look. The tenant is a bowling alley and the leak was over one of the lanes. I swapped vehicles so I could have the "work" truck, waited on Kim to meet me at the house, then headed to the bowling alley (one town North of where we live). It was very odd that the roof was leaking, since we hadn't had any rain in at least 5 days.

So we arrived, looked at the leak, climbed the ladder carrying a super heavy bucket of roof patch onto the roof, and discovered NO water on the roof. Over 22,00 square feet of roof there wasn't so much as an ounce of water to be found. Relieved, we climbed back down into the bowels of the bowling center, reported to the manager that the leak was not from the roof but more than likely coming from their over used HVAC system (condensation) thus not my responsibility, loaded up our tools, and left. By this time the gym was already closed so we decided to get dinner.

Kim wanted fish tacos and I thought I'd have a carnitas taco or something similar so we went to a local Mexican restaurant. Kim's food was perfect. Mine sucked. I didn't eat much of it. I even went so far as to tell our waiter it was horrible and he discounted the bill (a little). After dinner we stopped and grabbed bagels for Saturday & Sunday mornings then headed home. So on the day we didn't eat well, we didn't train, but at least we didn't end up with TAR all over us from working on the roof. Not a bad day after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment