Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Legs Feel Like Kim Has Beaten Me With A Bat (Day 178)

This post is for Tuesday, February 9th, 2010.

I've found the past few days on NS to be so easy again. I'm not over thinking things. I'm not trying to add in extra protein or swap out veggies for veggie burgers. I'm eating more salads again. By doing these things I've easily kept my calorie count to around 1500-1600. For a few weeks (during the great Peanut Butter Problem of 2010) I continuously ate around 1800-2000 per day (still losing weight each week) but I was always hungry. Adding the salads and sticking with my old veggies seems to have helped with the hunger. I miss the PB though.

Since taking most of last week off from training while out of town, cardio this week has been a pain. No really, I'm hurting. My legs feel like Kim has been beating me with a ball bat while I'm sleeping. I'm not bothered during the spinning or while running, but afterward I'm dying. Walking upstairs HURTS. It feels like I'm training legs every day! I've got to make sure NOT to take any more extended breaks from my cardio, even while on vacations. I was so tired from training this afternoon that I had to get an espresso (a double mind you) when we arrived at the grocery store. As we were checking out I was still tired and knew I had to drive about 40 minutes to get home (we were in another town and stopped by a larger grocery store hoping to find arugula, with no luck) so I bought a sugar free Red Bull and a 4 hour energy shot drink. I don't think they helped at all. It kinda sucks getting re-acclimated to training.

Cardio today was 30 minutes on the spin bike this morning, 30 minutes of running on the treadmill at the gym, and 30 more minutes on the bike this evening. I'm running a little over 3 miles per day now and biking around 17 miles. Maybe by this summer I'll be able to run 4-5 miles in about 40 minutes each day. That will be a good goal to work towards. Our workout today was shoulders. 3 sets of hammer strength military presses (I was so weak at the end of my last set I couldn't even raise my arms up to grab onto the rack to help raise myself up, my arms just would not go above my shoulders!), 2 sets of lateral raises, 2 sets of upright rows, 2 sets of shoulder shrugs, and 2 sets of rear delts.



Today was an "on" plan day with food. Breakfast was lowfat granola cereal (my cat kept trying to knock over the bowl so he could drink the milk), yogurt, and an apple. Morning snack was another apple and more yogurt. Lunch was a salad and red beans and rice. My afternoon snack was chocolate crunch bar. Dinner was macaroni and cheese, cauliflower with cheese, a salad, bread, and a Kashi Pumpkin Pie bar. Dessert was a Special K granola bar (I'm kinda on a granola kick right now).

Tomorrow I have the delight of going to the dentist for the first time in years. It's been at least 7 years, if not 10. So long I can't remember when I went last. I've never had any issues with my teeth (I expect that to change tomorrow) and I guess I got busy and became unconcerned about going. Hopefully I won't have multiple mouth diseases and require anything more than a few fillings. The dentist I found to go to offers the new laser dentistry thing. Supposedly he will use a laser and water instead of a drill. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

BodyBugg Info:
Calories In: 1500
Calories Burned: 3500
Calorie Deficit: 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment