Sunday, February 21, 2010

Training and Shopping (Day 189)

This post is for Saturday, February 20, 2010.

Saturday found Kim and I headed to the gym to train arms, get in some cardio and tanning (the tanning for her, not me) all before heading off for some final shopping before our vacation to Costa Rica next week. Yep, this time next week we'll be somewhere on the West Coast of Costa Rica taking it easy, watching some monkeys and sloths play in the trees.

The workout began with treadmill intervals, one minute at 6mph then a minute at 8mph, then repeat. I continued the intervals for 25 minutes and then jogged at 6 for the final 5 minutes. Pretty good workout and I finished 3.1 miles in less than 25 minutes (I did push the speed above 8 on a few of the intervals). We trained arms after Kim finished tanning. 3 sets of press downs, followed by 3 sets of nose breakers, and finished triceps with 2 sets of rope press downs. Biceps began with 3 sets of rope curls, followed by 3 sets of incline dumbbell curls.

Once back home we headed out around the lake with Jumping Jack Flash for a nice walk. It was a beautiful day here and we walked at a nice pace around the lake and even got a chance to view where the police chase from a week or so ago crashed through one of our back gates and the fleeing car crashed into one of the smaller ponds on our property. Lovely. The crashed vehicle left behind some parting gifts for us including a front bumper and a side rear view mirror. Keep it classy Calhoun!

After our walk we headed shopping for a few items we still needed for the trip. I bought some new trail running/hiking shoes. Kim found some sandals, a back pack, some pants, and a lovely new swim suit. As she tried on the new swim suit and came out of the dressing room for me to see, some of the women around the dressing room smiled and as she walked back into the fitting room began telling each other that they NEVER looked like that and how they'd give anything to be able to have her skin and figure. I just smiled. I almost snarled and growled, "She's mine!" (that's our running joke). Anyway, I told her about it later and she just beamed a huge smile.

Food yesterday was good. I've been on a granola kick for a bit so I'm having a good bit of cereal and granola bars. Dinner last night was at the Falafel Cafe. The lamb was delicious, but the saffron rice was amazing. I'll have to get at it on the treadmill Sunday as a result.

Finally I got in another 20 minutes on the bike late as my final cardio of the day. I had the Olympics on and spun as I watched part of the bobsled competition. To bad I missed curling.....

No comments:

Post a Comment