Sunday, February 14, 2010

Feel Like Poo & A Calorie Burn Realization (Day 182)

This post is for Saturday, February 13th, 2010.

Today sucked. I felt like poo all day. I decided not to train at all. I tried to rest and get warm about 11 AM with no luck. Later around 1PM I did fall asleep for about 45 minutes and woke feeling just as bad.

Kim had to go to a play directed by a friend last night, so I went to visit my parents. After having a buffalo chicken wrap and a salad with a little of mom's home made chicken salad I felt much better. Add in about 2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter and I felt almost normal.

The most productive thing I did the entire day was order my dad a new cell phone. We found a heavy duty Samsung that is supposedly made to mil-spec ruggedness.....we'll see how sturdy it is once the Don gets his hands on it. I also changed my mom's avatar on FaceBook. Told you it was not a very productive day.

Kim and I split a cupcake once she was home from the play. Yummy. I think for Valentine's Day we're gonna make French Toast (using 45 calorie per slice bread and egg beaters) and try our new zero calorie maple syrup for breakfast. After training and running we're gonna get some dinner. Sushi and tofu seem to be the consensus so far. I made the mistake of watching the Travel Channel yesterday and Zimmer was eating some amazing looking sushi. Now I feel the need.



Finally, late in the evening I realized that I had done nothing exercise wise at all on the day and I was still gonna hit about 2800 calories burned. That's nice. Then I thought about it some more. On days when I train (muscular workouts), run 3+ miles, and spin for an hour (17+miles) I only burn a little more than 4000 calories. I screamed out loud. 20+ miles and a workout and I only burn and extra 1200-1300 calories! AAAHHHH!!!!! As I thought about it I wasn't really surprised. I know that I burn 500-600 calories running followed by training, 300 or so more for each spin session. Add those up and I'm somewhere at the 1100-1300 burn mark. I guess seeing it added up a different way (as in how much I burn doing nothing more than taking naps and eating salads) freaked me out. Almost discouraging. Anyway, back to the bike, treadmill, and squat rack tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment