Thursday, February 11, 2010

Problem Shopper (Day 180)

This post is for Thursday February 11th, 2010.

Today I went shopping near Atlanta for a few things we need for our trip to Costa Rica. My mother was kind enough to pick me up on the way to the gym and drive us shopping as well. I was looking for some heavy duty insect repellent that needed to have a high percentage of DEET. I found some 40% DEET at the REI in Kennesaw. I also found a pair of $100 sandals I was going to buy, until I found a pair on clearance for $30 I liked even better! My problems with shopping began last week at the Tanger Outlet mall in MB. I realized after we got home with some of the clothes I bought that I still think I have to buy XL shirts. I can still wear them, they're just really big now. Well today I bought size large shirts, but I found some REI specialized boxers for travel (they dry very quickly and you can potentially wear them for days if necessary) and without thinking I bought a size large. Tonight I looked at the size chart and realized the large are for waist sizes 36-38. They'll fall off of me. Luckily we've gotta go back this weekend to find a day pack/back pack for Kim, so I'll return them then and get size medium. It's so odd shopping now. I can't seem to make myself buy smaller clothes. It just doesn't seem possible to be buying size MEDIUM in anything. Children wear size medium, not grown, 198 pound men. Crazy.



Kim began her new job today and has already sent me a text telling me how much she loves it. Fantastic, 'cause we both hated her last job. Since Kim was at work I trained with my mother today. When we got to the gym we ran into one of our friends we used to train with who I haven't seen in about 4 months. She jumped off of her treadmill and ran over to give me a hug. She then went on to say that I'd lost an entire person. She's close, I've lost a little less than she weighs. On that same thought I'm gonna share a portion of an email my mother forwarded to me a couple of weeks ago. I had run into another family friend I hadn't seen in months and she sent the following message to my mom.

"OMG Joyce...saw Zane after I saw you at Kroger....I know you had said he had lost weight....but my goodness....he needs to send nutrisystems before and after pictures...I swear he could be like Jared for Subway....really just amazing....he is GORGEOUS....what a doll...know you are proud and rightfully so...love b****"

Pretty cool message I thought!

Back to today's gym experience and cardio. The cardio began with 30 minutes on the spin bike this morning, followed by 30 minutes of running on the treadmill as soon as we got to the gym. Mom and I trained back after the treadmill. 3 sets of pull downs, 3 sets of t-bar rows, and 3 sets of seated rows. I was tired before we even began the workout, so 9 sets wore us out. I did a set of pull-ups at then end of the workout, and they were awful. I think I did about 7-8 reps, but I was so tired I was shaking as I pulled myself up. They are so much harder to do at the end of the workout! Tonight I got in another 30 minutes on the spin bike after wimping out on my second ride last night. I did sleep better last night though. I don't know if it was from laying of the cardio or the sleeping pill. Bet it was the pill (1/2 pill actually)



Pretty good food day today, but while at my parents' house I was left unattended in the kitchen and ate some PEANUT BUTTER, and a few different nuts. PB is so damn good. It should be a controlled substance. Breakfast was granola cereal, yogurt, and a banana. Morning snack was a kashi bar. Lunch was a black bean burger and pasta with beef. Afternoon snack was another kashi bar. Dinner was a large salad and spaghetti.

We learned today that Kim doesn't have to be in her office until around 11 AM each day (other than during training), so we'll be able to train early in the day and avoid the testosterone fest that is our gym after 5PM. We're both delighted with this development. I used to train late in the evenings, but then I grew up and developed a hatred of teenagers and men who strut around like peacocks, bang their chests and scream at mirrors. Our gym is weird at night. Reminds me of the old song, "Freaks Come Out At Night." All this coming from a guy who used to train with crazy bodybuilders.

BodyBugg Info:
Calories In: 1500
Calories Burned: 3500
Calorie Deficit: 2000

My personal blog is here. My Flickr page/photostream is here. & finally this year's photo project (daily photo log) is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment