Monday, February 15, 2010

Running Harder (Day 184)

Today Kim and I were up early so we could get to the gym before she had to go to work. We had a little coffee, took the Pug out for a quick wet cold walk, and then had some NS breakfasts before heading out. At the gym we began with cardio on the treadmill. The first 15 minutes I ran DJ's 5x5x5 (levels 6, 7, & 8) and then I ran intervals between levels 6 & 8 for the next 15 minutes. 3.35 miles in 30 minutes. Much better than just a week ago. Our workout began with 3 sets of machine presses, followed by 3 sets of incline machine presses, followed by 3 sets of machine flies, and finally 2 sets of push-ups. The push-ups are getting much better. My first set was 50 reps (at the end of the workout!) and the second was around 30 reps. Not a bad chest workout considering it was barely 8AM.

About 10:30 I returned to the gym with my mother. We again began with some cardio. I did 15 minutes on the elliptical followed by 15 more minutes on the treadmill. I again did intervals on the treadmill between levels 6 & 8. By the end of my time on the treadmill I had run around 4.9 miles. I'm interested to see how my legs respond tomorrow. In anticipation of some serious fatigue and possible soreness I decided to skip my spin session on the bike this evening.

Decent day food wise. NS all day until after dinner. I visited my parents and got into the peanut butter again. I also had a piece of toast and a small taste of a pasta dish my mom had prepared. Finally late this evening I had a bowl of granola cereal and a cup of coffee (I was about to fall out as we shopped for Kim some clothes). Coffee tastes good.

Tomorrow should start with a spin on the bike, then the gym with mom (Kim's has orientation for her new job to early for us to train together), followed by a haircut (I'm starting to look like a dirty hippie). Later in the evening we're off to a mixer for the photography workshop I'm attending on Wednesday. We've got late dinner reservations at what is arguably one of Atlanta's best restaurants, Bacchanalia. This will be our fist chance to try Bacchanalia and we can't wait. We've eaten at Abattoir (owned by the same group), which I loved, but Bacch is the flagship of the company. Hope it's as good as the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment