Friday, June 18, 2010

Bare Foot Running (Almost)

Thursday marked a milestone for me. It was the first day I was able to run a full mile, outdoors, on rough terrain, wearing my Vibram Five Fingers shoes. They are the goofy looking shoes that simulate bare foot running conditions. I felt great. My calves were a little tired after the mile, but nothing too bad. I'll keep that up for a bit and then start trying to stretch the distance a little. No knee/heel/foot pain at all!

I am a day behind with my workouts this week so I trained back on Thursday. Mom joined me for the workout. We began with 3 sets of lat pull downs, then 3 sets of t-bar (for me)/y-bar (for mom) rows, then on to seated low rows on a hammer strength machine, and finished up with straight arm press downs. After the workout we hit the cardio area. I began with 30 minutes on the treadmill (of which I ran about 23-24 minutes). I then finished up with 15 minutes on the elliptical. My other cardio of the day was the run/walk at the end of the day in my Vibram shoes and a 30 minute bike ride early in the AM.

Food was really good on Thursday. Breakfast was bite of a left over cupcake (ok, it didn't start out so good), protein shake after the gym, yogurt late in the afternoon, NS veggie fajitas for dinner, and a cupcake from my mom for dessert.



Arms tomorrow at the gym, along with the usual cardio, followed by legs on Saturday! The reward for legs on a Saturday will be the Korean BBQ at Hone Pig for my Bday dinner/Father's Day Celebration.

2 comments:

  1. One day you'll stop leaving the food unattended =-) - lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. At least it took two species to get it away from me this time.

    ReplyDelete