Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Need Some Balance

My lack of balance was brought up again today. Today's Insanity workout was the Cardio Recovery workout. Meaning not so much cardio, but quite a bit of stretching. I realized during some of the stretches that I was straining and actually trembling trying to hold the stretch while in correct form. When I was to stand on one leg, I simply couldn't. I had to hold on to either the wall to get my balance, or grab the cat tree, or whatever I could get my hands on so I didn't fall. After I got in the stretch I could usually manage to balance myself ok, but getting into position without steadying myself was almost impossible. The only really difficult part of the workout was after some slow squats or lunges, we were to hold the squat position at the bottom of the squat. Nope. I held for a few seconds, but had to stand repeatedly to rest my quads, then I'd return to the squat. The freaky deaky soreness in my feet and calves continues, now add in a little quad and ham soreness in non typical portions of my legs to the mix as well. Tomorrow's Insanity workout is the Pure Cardio workout. Should be great....

My training for the day began hours before the Insanity workout at the gym around 10AM. 3 miles of intervals on the treadmill again. It was the best solid run I've had since the middle of May. After the run, mom and I trained back. I began with 2 sets of pull-ups, then 3 sets of pull downs, followed by 3 sets of hammer rows, then 3 sets of t-bar rows, and finally 3 sets of straight arm press downs. Afterward, I got in 15 more minutes on the elliptical before heading home for lunch. Late in the afternoon, before Insanity, I got bored and rode the spin bike for 30 minutes. After Insanity, Kim, the dog & I walked around the lake in near darkness. It was very relaxing though. On the day I burned 4500+ calories (I haven't checked the final total yet, but when I went to bed it was almost at 4500). I'm anxious to see how many I burn with tomorrow's Pure Cardio workout combined with my regular training.

Food on the day was decent. I began the morning with a chocolate muffin, post workout I had a protein shake, afternoon meal was a turkey & tomato sandwich, dinner was a LC meal, and I had some almonds and a EAS protein bar scattered throughout the day.

Great day overall! I went to bed exhausted, but excited about another day of training and eating well to come. On the day I had actual training time of just over 3 hours. Plus the time of working around the house (I had to move a baby gate to limit the Pug's access to the cat's litter boxes, clean, work on the laundry, and make humming bird food) and I had close to six hours of physical activity. I do want to try to get back to shooting some pics of my food for the blog. I found some videos on youtube of people doing the Insanity workouts. Don't think I'll be doing that. Maybe more videos of the Pug!

No comments:

Post a Comment