Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Learning to Run Again

Today I trained back at the gym. 3 sets of hammer strength rows, 3 sets of HS front pull downs, 3 sets of HS rear pull downs, and 3 sets of dumbbell rows. It was one of the better back workouts I've had in a while. Afterward I moved to the treadmill. I varied the 30 minutes on the treadmill, some of the time walking uphill (9 incline) at a speed of 3.5, and the rest of the time running with the incline at 0 and a speed of 7. A little more walking than running. It'll take me another few days to get back to my previous running routine. I'm really trying to concentrate on land more on the toe/ball of my foot instead of the heel. Kinda like learning to run/walk all over again. Very natural barefoot, not so much with a pair of Mizunos on.

Food today has been good. Oatmeal for breakfast. Protein shake post workout. A little peanut butter and a large bowl of cereal late this afternoon. Dinner will be some squash (Kim's craving squash) and either some LC or NS.

Tonight, hopefully, we'll get in another walk and maybe a little bike ride. I was able to ride this morning for about 10 minutes, but between my sore legs (yes, still sore 4 days after the leg workout) and DirecTV having a system wide failure (HD systems all failed today) I didn't do too well. Maybe a little ride this evening during the Braves game.

No comments:

Post a Comment