Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Eating & Training Well, Running Like Poo

Yesterday was another very productive day. I began with a NS muffin and some Greek yogurt for breakfast. Next I hit the gym where I did cardio first for a change. 30 minutes on the treadmill, varying speeds and inclines. Mom joined me to train shoulders after the treadmill work. 3 sets of machine military presses, 3 sets of dumbbell side lateral raises, 3 sets of upright rows, and finally 3 sets of rear delts. I had to get home for a meeting pretty quick, so no additional cardio on the elliptical.

Lunch meeting was over very quickly. I returned home to have a protein shake and REST. I had gotten very tired at the meeting and I decided that I'd lay down and read for a bit. I might have read 10 words before I crashed out. I woke as Kim got home from work and we had some black beans and veggies for dinner. After dinner and a little rest we walked our 2.4 mile route around the lake. We were dog free as JJF is visiting with my parents and their dogs for a few days. He needed a break from the Pug.

Somewhere during the day I had a half of a protein bar, a plum, and after dinner a NS fudge brownie with chocolate PB. Really good day overall. 1500-1600 calories in. Not sure about the burn because I'm a big dummy and let my BB battery go dead, so it was charging all day instead of on my arm. I'd guess well over 3700 calories burned.

Today has been great as well. Woke early to take the Pug out with thoughts of an early walk/run around the lake. I was greeted by 85 degree temps before 8AM so I decided to skip it. My car read 97 this afternoon and I saw pics from others on twitter reading 105. Oddly enough, I haven't been miserable when I've been out. Granted it's not for long or in direct sunlight, but I don't feel like I wanna die. This time last year I wouldn't have attempted to walk around the lake. Wild horses couldn't have dragged me. Now I'm pacing waiting on Kim to get in from work so we can eat and walk.

So after taking the Pug out and then releasing the remaining hounds this morning I had a double serving of low sodium oatmeal for breakfast. A little later (when the US Work Cup Match came on TV) I had some yogurt. During the match I rode the spin bike for 30 minutes and then joined Kim on the sofa (she was able to stay home to watch the match and wait on her replacement iPhone to be delivered) to watch the last of the game. Best. Soccer. Ever. I hope that goal and win helps popularize the sport here in the US. It should. BTW, twitter failed just after the goal. Pretty cool.

After the game I got ready and hit the gym. I began with my back workout. 2 sets of pull-ups, 3 sets of pull downs, 3 sets of t-bar rows, 3 sets of hammer rows, and 3 sets of straight arm press downs. Next up was the treadmill. It was pathetic. I might have had 1 good run since Warrior Dash. I've changed the way I land on my foot (so basically the entire way I run) and it's taken much longer than I'd hoped for me to adjust. I don't have any pain now, but I also don't have the same pace or endurance I had before. Gotta work on that.

Once back home I had a protein shake, then another plum later on. Dinner was a NS BBQ wrap. I've still gotta get in 500-700 calories later on tonight. I wanna wait until after our evening walk/run so I won't feel like puking all over Kim as we walk.

I've found 2 more mud runs for Kim and I to do. One is this weekend and the other is in September. The September run looks great. 4.2 miles, 30 obstacles. It's the USMC Mud Run. Sounds fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment