Friday, June 25, 2010

End of the Week and I'm Spent



Well, all of the low calorie meals, workouts, & multiple daily cardio sessions finally caught up with me today. I was preparing to train legs and just couldn't seem to get ready. Every time I'd walk up the stairs I'd have to rest. I'd grab my keys to leave and decide to take a seat on the sofa to catch my breath. I knew headed to the gym it would be bad. On my third leg exercise I vomited in my mouth. Then I did it again. Lovely. I did finish the workout, but no cardio. The actual workout began with 3 sets of leg extensions, followed by 3 sets of squats, then the vomit machine (leg press) for 3 sets. Hamstrings began (slowly) with 3 sets of seated leg curls, 3 sets of stiff leg dead lifts, and finally 3 sets of hyper-extensions. I crawled back to my car and drove home.

Yesterday was not really much better. The entire 40 minutes on the treadmill was just awful. I ran some intervals, but I could barely do it. No energy whatsoever. Mom and I trained arms together, but it was kinda pitiful too. 3 sets of press downs, 3 sets of overhead presses, 3 sets of rope presses for triceps. Biceps began with 3 sets of seated incline dumbbell curls, and ended with 2 sets of standing hammer curls. Later that afternoon I rode the spin bike for 30 minutes and then walked (in the dark after it finally got cool) for about 2 miles last night.

Food has been about the same. Yogurt and cereal in the morning, protein shake after the gym, LC or NS for dinner, then maybe another protein shake or some grilled chicken scattered throughout the day to get in more calories and protein. Last night (I had to work for a minute late) I stopped by a taco truck in a nearby town and got 3 tiny tacos. 1 carnitas (pork), 1 lengua (tongue), and cabeza (cheek/head). They were awesome.

Today I'm gonna stick with my shake after the gym, but dinner will be either some raw fish (almost vomited in my mouth again as I thought about eating sushi just now), a deli sandwich, or maybe some more crazy tacos.

Below is a pic of me from 1 year ago today. What a difference a year makes. I was in San Francisco, pigging out on a hot dog.


Where's my neck?

Yahoo for NS and me losing 80+ pounds! I miss hot dogs though....

2 comments:

  1. My cals are too low too. Ruining everything. We both need to beef up our main meals. I'm still working on it. Take care. -lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a good meal with lost of beans and veggies last night. I feel much better today. I was really miserable last evening though.

    ReplyDelete