Monday, June 14, 2010

Hot

It's hot here. My downstairs AC is not working. Oddly, the 83-85 degree temps inside feel wonderful compared to the 99 outside. Heat index is well over 100.

Despite the heat, I had a good bike ride this morning after breakfast. Afterward I went to the gym and trained chest. 3 sets of incline dumbbell presses, 3 sets of flat hammer strength presses, 3 sets of decline hammer presses, and 3 sets of machine flies. I moved on to the treadmill next for 30 minutes of intervals. 10 minutes of running (7 mph), then 5 minutes uphill (level 9) speed 3.5, then back to the running for 5, then walking for 5, then running for the final 5. I felt much better after today's run. I'm nearing where I was before Warrior Dash, even with the new technique. Maybe a couple of more days and I'll be back to normal. Most importantly, no pain! Tonight, after dinner Kim and I'll get in a walk to finish my cardio for the day.

Food for the day has been pretty good. Cereal for breakfast, protein shake after my workout. Late this afternoon I've had some peanut butter, skinny cow(s), and a LC meal. That may about do it for today. I'm full and don't really want anything else. If anything maybe I'll have some more cereal since it's so FREAKING HOT!

2 comments:

  1. miserable here too. Had cereal for dinner last night. - lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily it does cool off just before sunset still. We've been able to get in some decent walks, but I'm afraid in the next month it's just gonna stay hot all night. Guess we'll just have to tough it out.

    ReplyDelete