Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cupcake Tragedy

It's still hot here. I have managed to finally get our downstairs HVAC unit repaired and running. It wasn't as expensive as what it could have been, but getting it fixed did cost me a missed workout, 2 days stuck inside waiting around on repair men while being unable to ride the bike (way to hot), and a bad meal. During the first day of waiting around I finally got a little stir crazy and ate some Pizza Rolls. Big mistake. I still was good on my calories for the day, but I felt TERRIBLE for the next 24 hours. As a result I was unable to do any cardio that night, nor any the next day. I was able to workout out though. Anyway, long story short, the air works, I'm cool(er), and all is back to normal.

Yesterday was my birthday. To celebrate I trained shoulders. 3 sets of military presses, 3 sets of side lateral raises, 3 sets of upright bar bell rows, 3 sets of rear delts, and 3 sets of shoulder shrugs. The workout was all the exercise I got in on the day.

Kim and I headed to Chattanooga to try a new Vietnamese place last night. We arrived and were the only customers. I'm starting to get used to this happening. We both had Pho. It was good. Not great. Not nearly the best I've ever had. But it was good. The hostess/waitress/owner was so sweet and helpful. We each also had a spring roll before the soup and they were wonderful. I had a beef roll & Kim had a veggie roll.



Dessert was from Chattanooga Cup Cakes. Some of the best cupcakes I've ever had. Unfortunately, Belle and the cats agree with me. After we got home and as I was on the phone with my mother, I heard something fall. After hanging up the phone I walked into the kitchen to have another small bite of my cupcake only to find them missing from the counter. The cats (Puppy, I think) knocked the box into the floor. Belle and the cats were in the floor eating the icing that had exploded out of the box. Luckily the box held up, but the cupcakes inside were pulverized. I screamed at the animals, grabbed the box up. and stored the remains in the microwave over night.



This weekend is my last meal off for a while. We'll eat dinner out Saturday night with my family (at Honey Pig, a Korean BBQ) and then eat a meal Sunday as well for Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment