Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sore During the Workout

Friday's leg work out found me sore during the workout. 3 sets of leg presses, 3 sets of true squats, 3 sets of leg extensions for quads. All sets were 20-25 reps. For hamstrings I cut back to only six sets. 3 sets of seated leg curls and 3 sets of stiff leg dead lifts. I tried to run on the treadmill afterward. My knees buckled twice within the first 60 seconds, so my treadmill work consisted of walking uphill. Still got in a good cardio workout. My heart rate stayed between 140-150 bpm. Jogging/running my heart rate never gets above 170, so not bad at all for walking.

Eating has settled into a very nice routine. Cereal or oatmeal for breakfast. The occasional yogurt for a morning snack. Protein shake after my workout. I had a LC meal late in the afternoon and then grilled chicken for dinner. Before bed I had a chocolate peanut butter sandwich for dessert.

During the day I managed a 30 minute ride on the spin bike. Before dinner Kim and I walked a couple of miles to finish out my cardio for the day. I consumed around 2000 calories on the day and burned just under 4000.

Lots of walking and World Cup watching planned for the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I craved squash too. So I steamed some up along with asparagus. Take care of the legs. Check on ya later. - lily

    ReplyDelete