Sunday, June 27, 2010

Crazy Sunday (I Mean Insane)

Sunday found Kim and I doing our first actual Insanity workout. Pretty rough. I think someone who wasn't already physically fit would have a difficult time completing the warm up. The entire workout lasted about 45 minutes. A few minutes of that was dedicated to stretching. Upon completion the BodyBugg showed me burning 450 calories during the workout. I think by the time I get cooled down I'll have burned around 700 or so as a result of the workout. We did complete the entire workout. Having said that, we had to stop and rest a few times during the final circuit. The workout is basically a lot of jumping, squatting, bouncing, and running around. Throw in some push-ups, punches, jabs, and stretching for good measure. My mom asked me if I thought she could handle the workout. I told her I was pretty sure it would kill her. Later this evening we'll get in a walk around the lake. Jumping Jack Flash is home from his visit with my parents, so he'll be excited to walk with us.

I've been somewhat careful with my food intake today. No meat so far. Breakfast was a bagel with strawberry cream cheese. Lunch was some frozen Indian food (veggie) Palak Paneer. My pre-workout meal was a cup of Greek yogurt with honey. After the workout I've managed to drink some water so far. Later I'll get a protein shake (I hope). Dinner will be something light. Either cereal or a small NS or LC meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment