Monday, June 7, 2010

Wrecked Legs

Friday was leg day at the gym. The workout was nothing to get excited about. I think it was 19 sets total. 4 sets of leg extensions, 3 leg press, 3 true squat, 3 seated leg curls, 3 stiff leg dead lifts, and 3 hyper extensions. I averaged somewhere between 15-20 reps per set. Nothing too heavy. Just a decent workout. Saturday I felt pretty good, just sore. Sunday was horrible. Quads, glutes, and hams were sore to the touch. Today is no better. I managed to walk a little Saturday, but it was really more of a stumble/gimp crawl. Sunday I couldn't do anything. Not one of my top ten workouts, but I'm sore like I've never trained before. All of this is due to my taking a few weeks off to concentrate on running and making sure I wasn't sore or injured for the Warrior Dash. I knew it was coming, but I'm silly sore...

Saturday we went out with my family to celebrate my Dad's birthday. We ate at a new Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. It's only a 40 minute drive! I had a salad and a NY Strip. It was all very good, but I've never been so sick so fast from a meal.

Sunday Kim and I went to Chattanooga to watch the new Shrek in 3D. Pretty good. Not as good as some of the others, but we laughed a bit. We ate at a Korean/Vietnamese place afterward. Pho for both of us. It was good, but not as good as the other we've had.

Today I trained chest, walked on the treadmill (still way to sore to run), and rode the elliptical at the gym. Chest was 12 sets in about 13 minutes. 3 sets of hammer strength bench, 3 sets incline, 3 sets decline, and 3 sets incline dumbbell flies. 45 minutes uphill walking on the treadmill then 10 minutes on the elliptical. Pretty good workout. I'll hit the bike later this afternoon (I have my final dentist appointment at 3) and then walk with Kim this evening.

Food so far today has been great. A single serving of granola cereal for breakfast, then a protein shake after the gym. I'll have snack as soon as I'm back from the dentist (Fage yogurt I'm sure), then dinner (NS or LC) after our walk, then maybe a peanut butter sandwich for dessert. I'm giving up my Skinny Cow for a bit and returning to PB.

No comments:

Post a Comment