Wednesday, June 30, 2010

InZanity....

Today's (Wednesday) Insanity workout was the most difficult (for me) yet. Pure Cardio. It should be called Pure Hell. I'll get to it in a sec. My training began this morning with another completely decent run. I ran one minute intervals at 6 & 8 on the treadmill for 10 minutes, then 10 minutes at 6, then the intervals again for the last 10. I then walked for about 13 minutes as mom finished up a little cardio before we hit the weights. We trained shoulders together this morning. 3 sets of hammer strength military presses, 3 sets of side lateral raises, 3 sets of upright rows, and 3 sets of rear delts. I decided against any elliptical work today (because I knew the name of the upcoming Insanity workout) and headed home. After doing a little work at home I hit the spin bike for 30 minutes before heading out for some errands. Once back home this afternoon I began the Insanity a little earlier than usual. I knew Kim was not gonna be able to workout with me today, so I might as well get it over with early. It was brutal. I guess I was a little tired from the other training & starting earlier than usual, but the warm up seemed more difficult than usual. The actual workout was a series of 1 minute long cardio exercises. I didn't last through the first exercise. During almost every exercise I had to stop and catch my breath or get some water. I didn't feel real bad, 'cause the people on the DVD were falling out frequently too. Finally towards the end, the main guy was having trouble. He couldn't remember the name of the exercises! Kinda funny. Kinda sad. Anyway. It was rough. I burned well over 400 calories during the 40 minute workout, plus who knows how many more while I cooled down from the workout.

Food today has been sparse. Muffin for breakfast, shake after the gym, turkey & tomato sandwich pre-Insanity, a handful of almonds, and I hope to get to eat dinner with Kim tonight (sushi, I think). I haven't been hungry. That's alarming. Tomorrow or Friday it'll catch up with me and I'll feel wiped out.

It was bound to happen, and quite frankly I figured it would have happened sooner. One of our friends began to tease Kim and ask if she's ready to go home from work every day for her InZanity Workout. Get it? InZanity? HaHa. Kinda like InZane in the membrane? InZane in the brain? Cypress Hill.....Get it? I'm tired and getting goofy. Time for a Blue Rock Star and then some raw fish. Maybe a late walk. Or some Virtual Inzanity......I quit....

No comments:

Post a Comment