Friday, July 2, 2010

Sleeping on the Porch

Yesterday I had a WEAK arm workout. 12 sets total. 3 sets of triceps press downs, 3 sets of overhead presses. 3 sets of incline dumbbell curls & 3 sets of standing dumbbell curls for biceps. I guess I was a little tired from running before the workout. 26 minutes of 1 minute intervals between 6 & 8 mph. Then I walked for about 15 minutes to cool down. That's 4 decent runs I've had this week! So happy now with the new running style and resulting zero pain!

After the gym I got in 30 minutes on the spin bike late in the afternoon before Kim got in from work. After the ride I decided to go out on the front porch and have a seat while I cooled off. I fell asleep. Slept about half an hour in the late afternoon Georgia heat, sitting straight up in a chair. Lovely. Once Kim got home and changed clothes we put in the Insanity DVD and went through the day's workout. It was the same workout as the first day. Hard, but I did better. Almost made it through the second work circuit before having to stop during an exercise for rest. I don't know if I'll ever make it through an entire workout with out failing out during a set. I'm really enjoying the workouts and stretches. Kim loathes it. Anyway, after Insanity we rested a minute and then walked JJF around the lake.

Food was decent on the day. Breakfast was cereal and yogurt, post workout I had a protein shake, lunch was a chicken salad sandwich, during the afternoon I had a handful of almonds and a protein bar, dinner (late) was a turkey sandwich. Not sure on the calories in for the day but I burned over 4300.

Friday is leg day, and thank goodness it's also Insanity's rest day. So all I gotta do is run 3 miles, train legs, maybe spin 30, and walk the dog. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Struggling bad with very low energy levels. So, I've got to change my carbs or something. I'm brain storming. =-) - lily

    ReplyDelete