Monday, July 19, 2010

Change Up

Monday is usually when I train chest. I had thought last night about changing the workout more than usual (I typically alter one thing week to week). I really planned on doing all dumbbell work today. When I got to the gym Mom decided she wanted more of a change. Recently, she's only been making it to the gym on Monday & Tuesday. So she's been getting lots of chest and back workouts. As a result we decided to train shoulders today, and do mostly all dumbbells. Of course to begin the workout we pre-exhausted on the treadmill. I ran 15 minutes of 6mph random hills, then 15 minutes of varied pace (between 6-7-8mph) on 0 incline to finish up. I managed a little over 3 miles and was ready to train. We began with 3 sets of seated dumbbell military presses, followed by 3 sets of side lateral raises, then 3 sets of upright rows, then 3 sets of rear delts, and finally I finished up with 3 sets of shoulder shrugs. Once home my workouts continued with a 30 session on the spin bike as I watched the pilot episode of the Wire (The 101 [Directv101 & 239 are replaying the entire series], which is one of the best series I've ever watched) on my DVR. A little later I got in my Insanity workout for the day (Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs). I was pretty much beat at this point. A little rest as the temperature cooled and then JJF and I took our evening walk around the lake. The BodyBugg had me burning ~4800 calories on the day.

Good day with the eating as well. Breakfast was a low fat blueberry muffing and Greek Yogurt. Post workout I had a Lean Body Protein Shake. After my spin I had left over Indian (Chicken Tikka Masala and a little rice). After the Insanity I made my own version of a Mango Lassi. I used Jumex Mango Nectar and a cup of Oikos Vanilla Greek Yogurt. Ninjaed it up, and loved it. Kinda high in calories (400), but for an occasional treat it was great. Dinner tonight was more left over Indian. Chana Saag (chickpeas and spinach) and a little rice. Perfect. Later I had a little left over veggie hamburger helper, a protein bar, and cereal. Calories on the day were a little over 2400. High, but still not bad when you take into account the burn total.

No comments:

Post a Comment