Friday, July 9, 2010

Veggie Meat Tacos, Cardio Abs, & Leg Day

Thursday was a weird day. Normal breakfast of cereal and yogurt then on to the gym. 3+ mile run, and then an arm workout with my mom. Easy workout. 6 sets for triceps and 6 sets for biceps. I then had to hurry home and then off to a meeting. By the time the meeting was over I had missed lunch and Dad and I decided to try a new Japanese place in town. It was decent. Very limited menu. He had scallops and I had beef. Lots of rice and veggies. I ate about 2/3 of my order. It was pretty cheap, so it might make our rotation. Once back home I forced my way through an Insanity workout. Not so much fun after eating a very late lunch. I didn't have time for a ride on the spin bike, but did get in a late, hot walk around the lake. Burned a little under 4000 on the day. No clue on the intake. Guessing a little under 2000.

Today has been rough. Up early to do some bookwork and eat breakfast (the usual) before hitting the gym. My gym workout began with a 3+ mile run again. Then I moved on to my leg workout. 3 sets of leg extensions, 3 sets of true squats, 3 sets of leg presses, and 3 sets of seated leg curls. I cut back the hamstring portion of my leg workout because of all of the terrible cramps I've been suffering recently. After the gym I had a protein shake with a frozen banana and a little caramel sauce. A little later I hit the spin bike for 1/2 an hour. During the afternoon I had a chicken breast and then a little later a turkey sandwich. I then had to get in my daily dose of Insanity. Today was Pure Cardio (to quote the Shaun T. [the instructor on the DVD] concerning the Pure Cardio workout, "That shit was BANANAS y'all") followed by Cardio Abs. This was my first go at the Cardio Abs. Lots more jumping, knee lifting, twisting, and squeezing. I'm already sore....

Dinner tonight was a treat. Actually, I'm concerned that I think that. We had veggie meat (from a can that looked and sorta smelled like dog food) tacos. Loved it. Along with the tacos we had some veggie re-fried beans, and cheesy Mexican rice. Not sure on my daily total calorie intake for the day. I think before dinner I had right around 1000. Then who knows for dinner. Safely under 2000 for the day, I hope. Looks like I'll burn 4200+ on the day.

Tomorrow I'll get in a run and probably a bike ride too. I'm debating on whether or not to do the Core Balance & Recovery Insanity workout in the afternoon. Depends on how sore I am. I'm looking forward to breakfast already. I found some fat free, low calorie blueberry muffins to try. Is it wrong to be excited about breakfast before I go to bed?

No comments:

Post a Comment