Sunday, July 25, 2010

Legs On a Saturday

Still being a day behind I had to train legs on Saturday.

My morning began with Kim and I making breakfast at home. She had a zucchini & onion, fake egg omelet. I had a facon, egg beaters, and cheese sandwich, a slice of bread with my new apple cider jelly, and a cup of yogurt. Yum!

After dreading, moaning, and crying about having to go to the gym I ended up having a great workout. I started out the treadmill running the hill program, at 6mph, for 30 minutes. After the run I decided to alter my usual exercises. I began the workout with 3 sets of smith squats, then 3 sets of true squats, and finally 3 sets of leg presses for quads. Hamstrings began with 3 sets of seated leg curls and the workout ended with weighted hyper-extensions. I burned 900+ calories at the gym.

I came home and had to grilled jerked chicken breasts before starting my Insanity workout for the day. The workout was the Plyo Cardio Circiut. I decided to try the workout in my Vibrams. The workout is always hard, but with the FiveFingers shoes on I had an extra tough calf workout.
My Vibrams pictured below.


I rested during the afternoon until the sun went down a little and the temps dropped. Kim and I walked our usual route around the lake. It was still hot. Like 85 with a heat index of 93. After we got going it was actually kinda pleasant. Really muggy, but not oppressive like an hour earlier. No spin bike on the day. I was just to tired.

Dinner was fake meat (we now call it Feat, sounds delicious, right?) tacos. So it was Feat Tacos for me and Kim had crab legs. I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I'm starting to prefer the veggie meats to real meat. With the feat there's no chance I'll end up feeling bad from to much grease in the food.

We tried a new treat late last evening. Kim decided to try putting some Ice into the Ninja and then add some crystal light. It made a nice little slushy/snow cone. I made one using my favorite orange crystal light flavor. Basically a 0-20 calorie dessert.

As I write this on Sunday morning, my legs are already sore. Cardio will be an adventure today. I'm gonna try to run, spin, and walk. At least I don't have an Insanity workout to do. All next week the Insanity workouts are Core Cardio and Balance during what the program calls the Recovery Week. I think since starting Insanity my body fat has dropped over 1.5%. I don't want to give all of the credit to Insanity, but it sure didn't hurt. During the past month, while during Insanity, I've also run 3 miles, worked out, rode the spin bike, and walked almost every day. I hope over the next 5 weeks of Insanity I get similar results. If I do I might just restart the program after finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment