Friday, July 16, 2010

Sick of Sushi

Thursday I had to catch up a missed shoulder workout, along with my normal arm workout while at the gym. After a breakfast of granola and a low fat muffin I arrived at the gym. First off was of course a 30 minute run. For a little change I set the pace to 6mph, and ran the Random Hill program on the treadmill. I actually enjoyed it this time. The last time I ran the program I had to lower the intensity a little just to complete it. Once my cardio was over and I cooled down for a sec, I began my workout with 3 sets of shoulder shrugs, moving on to 3 sets of hammer shoulder presses, and then onto 3 set of side lateral raises to finish off shoulders. For arms I began with 3 sets of triceps press downs, followed by 3 sets of rope press downs. My biceps work began with 3 sets of seated incline curls, and ending with 3 sets of heavy standing hammer curls.

After an early afternoon of some bookwork, a trip to the recycling center, and finally a stop by the grocery store, I returned home with enough time to eat a sandwich and get in an Insanity workout. Luckily it was the recovery/stretching workout, so I didn't feel so tired afterward.

I had to work a little late in the evening out of town, so I took the opportunity to drag mom along with me (Kim was working late) to eat dinner. As luck would have it, Dad was finishing up on the golf course just as we were making our way to Mt. Fuji for dinner, so he joined us. Bad news for me. I'm finally sick of sushi. I don't know what happened, but about 1/2 way through my sushi deluxe dinner, I just couldn't eat another bite. Ugh. What am I supposed to do now? Sushi was one of my last safe havens of healthy food that I could get outside of home. I'm very troubled. I love sushi. Only now I don't. AAAHHHH!!!! I hope this doesn't carry over to oysters.....I'll have to test that out soon.

After I got home I nibbled on a protein bar before going on a walk with Jumping Jack Flash before Kim got home from work. Good burn of 4300+ calories on the day. I'm back near 200 even now. Couple more weeks and I'll be hitting new lows every day.

Leg day tomorrow. First a run, then legs, then a bike ride, next Insanity, and finally a nice warm walk around the lake. I usually eat sushi after a leg workout to make me feel better. Maybe I'll grill some chicken instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment