Thursday, July 8, 2010

Push

Wednesday I woke feeling pretty bad. I'd suffered through leg and ab cramps all night. Kim tried to tell me goodbye as she was leaving, but I grimaced in pain as a fresh leg cramp grabbed me just as she tried. I forced down some coffee and then cereal and yogurt, followed by yet another coup of coffee before I gave up and went back to bed. I slept for a few hours (cramp free) and then finally made my way to the gym around 1PM.

The gym sucked. I was barely able to run 15 minutes. Once I hit the 15 minute mark I retreated to the elliptical for 15 more. Neither was very impressive. I forced my way through 12 sets of a back workout. 3 sets of hammer rows, 3 sets of hammer front pull downs, 3 sets of hammer rear pull downs, and 3 sets of lat pull downs. I make up the names for the Hammer Strength exercises. They actually have very precise iso-poylmetric-isobaric whatever names. I never can remember so I just make the names up. Anyway, I had thoughts of returning to the elliptical for 15 more minutes, but ultimately thought better of it.

Once home I forced down a protein shake, with a frozen banana and a little calorie free caramel sauce Ninjaed in (yup, I just made Ninja into a verb). I got in 30 minutes on the spin bike during the second half of the Spain/Germany world cup match (GO SPAIN) and then attempted an Insanity workout. It was pitiful. I mean just a poor showing on my part. I failed out on quite of few exercises towards the end. Finally, during the Braves game (so we could build up a delay on the DVR) we walked about 2 miles in the 94 degree 8PM heat. It was hot, but not terrible.

The rest of my meals were protein shakes and two turkey (or was it chicken?) sandwiches. Late (around 10PM) I had a chocolate peanut butter sandwich.

To have felt like warmed over death for most of the day, I think I pushed and ended up with a decent day. I burned 4050 or so calories, and consumed well under 2000 (around 1800 I think). Let's do it all again tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I still love my nija. I think I may make a coffee smoothie tomorrow. - lily

    ReplyDelete