Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Insanity + Ninja = Insane Ninja?

Back to the grind after taking part of Sunday and all Monday off. The morning began with a bowl of granola cereal. I had to hit GNC (before my monthly discount ran out) on the way to the gym. It's expensive being all healthy and junk. I had to re-up on my crazy vitapacks, plus I'm almost out of my normal protein so I bought a TUB of some sorta AMP EXTREME WHEY or something. The main thing is it is chocolate, plus it has 60g of protein per serving with less than 300 calories.

I grabbed a protein bar to eat before training too. That ended up being rather stupid. I felt like I was about to vomit during my entire run. 3 miles in around 25 minutes. Not good, but considering I missed a day or two and I felt like I might hurl, I was really just happy to finish it. I trained chest and shoulders (to make up for missing yesterday). 3 sets of incline presses, 3 sets of flat presses, 3 sets of shoulder presses, 3 sets of lateral raises, and finally 3 sets of flies.

Once home I tried out the new protein. It was OK. Nothing special. Kinda flat and weird sweet. After resting a bit and then watching some World Cup (Go Netherlanders, or is it Hollanders, maybe Dutchmen?, anyway go team in orange) I did the Pure Cardio Insanity workout. It was still hard, but I did better this time. I actually completed some of the exercises. Last time I failed out on every one.

After the Insanity I was pleasantly surprised by the delivery of my new blender thingy, the Ninja! Thanks to Lili for putting me onto this. I tried it out pretty quickly. 3 scoops of protein, 1 frozen banana, a few spoon fulls of vanilla goat yogurt, and a scoop of calorie free caramel sauce. I loved it. The Ninja did it's thing and completely obliterated the banana and left me a smooth, yummy drink. Gotta get some ice and plain 2% Fage yogurt to work with now.

I've still gotta get in a walk tonight and probably a little session on the spin bike too. Then start all over tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment