Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rest and Chest

Sunday = Rest. I did nothing. Well, that's not entirely true. I took a two hour nap during the afternoon.

Monday was a return to normalcy. Only different. I had to work a little in the morning, so my arrival at the gym was well after lunch. I ran 3 miles on the Random Hill setting on the treadmill. My pace was sorta slow, but the varied inclines made up for it. I followed the cardio up with 3 sets of decline hammer presses, 3 sets of incline hammer presses, and 3 sets of seated flat chest presses.

After the gym I had the joy of grocery shopping to endure before preparing for my second Insanity Fitness Test. At least it was over quickly. Here are the results:
ExerciseDay 1Day 15
Switch Kicks5968
Power Jacyk5669
Power Knees85120
Power Jumps3557
Globe Jumps712
Suicide Jumps1321
Push Up Jacks3545
Low Plank Oblique4060


So, after two weeks I've at least become more proficient in the exercises. I have noticed (the last day or two) better balance while doing the stretches and exercises as well.

Following my Insanity, I rode the spin bike for 30 minutes while Kim and I watched an episode of West Wing. Then it was time to take Jumping Jack Flash on his evening walk. While walking we spotted a rabbit on the trail ahead of us. It just sat perfectly still as we (and JJF) approached. Jack ran right towards it, but not like he was chasing it, just like he was running along as normal, only the rabbit happened to be directly in his path. At the last moment the rabbit hopped twice and vanished into the underbrush. Jack stopped, looked into the dark abyss that is the weeds and growth just off of the trail, and then continued on his way.

After the walk I had a dinner I've been craving for quite a while. Red Beans and Rice over bread. Very different from the way I used to eat it. Last year, I would have eaten the ENTIRE box (say at least 800 calories) plus I'd have added in some type of meat (polish sausage). So the meal would have been somewhere north of 1700 calories. Last night, I ate about 2 servings (400 calories) with 2 1/2 slices of 35 calorie per slice bread. Entire meal less than 500 calories. The rest of my meals were typical for the day. Granola & yogurt for breakfast, sandwich after the gym, LC meal later in the day. All in all a decent day.

Tomorrow will be back on my normal training time, normal meal schedule, and then the All Star Game in the evening! GO NL!

No comments:

Post a Comment