Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Not Again!

Tuesday was a day of victories and defeat.

I had to alter my training routine somewhat. I began with 3 miles of hills, followed by a decent back workout. 3 sets of t-bar rows, 3 sets of iso-lateral pull-downs, 3 sets of wide hammer pull downs, and 3 sets of straight arm press downs. I quickly returned home so I could get in my Insanity workout. After getting RUN OVER by Shaun T. I took a shower and headed off with my parents and my aunts to visit a Amish type of farmers market. Quaint, in the middle of no where, and very hot.



They bought a bunch of veggies, I bought a jar of apple cider jelly. We left and headed to Chattanooga for dinner. I ate 2/3 of a cheeseburger, a few nachos and a few fries. Afterward I took our little group (we were waiting on rush hour traffic to dissipate) to Chattanooga Cupcakes. I ordered a single Peanut Butter & Chocolate cupcake and we headed home. Once home JJF and I walked around the lake and then I hit 3o minutes on the spin bike as I watched the Braves game. I consider most of these things a success. I got in all of my training for the day (burned 4500+ calories, thank you very much), I only ate part of my burger, and I only ordered a single cupcake. The defeat follows.

Back in June, for my birthday, we grabbed a couple of cupcakes and brought them home with us. The cats and the Pug conspired to eat them before I could. This time would be different. I had a plan. Once home with my beloved cupcake, I had a little bite of the icing before my walk and placed it into the microwave so none of the animals could get it. After the walk I had another bite and returned it to the microwave as I jumped on the spin bike. Shortly after my ride I heard Kim say something about my cupcake looking like it had fallen apart as she took it out of the microwave to heat up her dinner. I decided that would be a great time to finish off my cupcake and walked into the kitchen to retrieve it before the animals got to it. I rounded the corner and saw the Pug eating my cupcake, in the floor. I cried. Kim cried too. She had set it on the edge of the counter, and tragically it fell, where the Pug was waiting. UnReal. Obviously I'm not meant to enjoy a cupcake at home. I give up. If I ever get another cupcake, I'll eat it IN THE STORE. It makes me sad thinking about my poor cupcake. At least the Pug enjoyed it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment