Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shoulders & Baking

I've been on a muffin kick for a while. I love the Isabella Bakery Low Fat Blueberry Muffins, but I have a hard time finding them at the local Kroger. I LOVE the Kroger Double Chocolate Chip Muffins, but they have ~500 calories. I've decided to bake some muffins myself. Nothing too difficult, just store bought mixes. First I'm trying some chocolate chip muffins. I'm using egg beaters instead of real eggs and otherwise following the directions. Each muffin will have ~200 calories. Next time I'm trying some low fat Blueberry.

Today began with a NS Double Chocolate Muffin and a bowl of granola. Once I arrived at the gym I joined DJ & L on the treadmill for a 3+ mile run. Seemed very easy today having someone else there. I ran the hills program & they did different stuff (5x5x5, I think). After the treadmill I trained shoulders. 3 sets of military presses, 3 sets of side lateral raises, 3 sets of upright cable rows, 3 sets of rear delts, and 3 sets of shoulder shrugs.

After the gym I had a Lean Body Protein shake with a banana before jumping on the spin bike for 30 minutes. Afterward I had one of my favorite LC meals, Chicken Carbonara. After eating I baked my muffins and crossed my fingers. I was also a little bored, so I took some pics of the muffins....

Muffin Mix

Muffin Mix


Chocolate Chip Muffins

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Chocolate Chip Muffins

I had to try one after they cooled off. Pretty tasty & ~200 calories. They should fit into my breakfast menu well.

After my Betty Crocker moment, I got in my Insanity workout for the day. All week I have the same workout. Core Cardio & Balance. Easy and I still burned around 400 calories. I'm excited/nervous about next week. I think the workouts get longer and harder. It'll be fun though!

All that's left on the day is a walk with JJF. Kim has to work late so it'll just be the two of us. If he chases a skunk and gets sprayed again, he might get to sleep in the outside dog house....

No comments:

Post a Comment