Sunday, July 11, 2010

More Core and Balance

Saturday I got to sleep late! No leg cramps overnight, no screaming Pug (until 9AM). It was lovely. After a nice breakfast of a low calorie/fat free blueberry muffin and yogurt I was off to the gym. A little slower paced 3 mile run, followed by an ab workout, and finally 15 minutes on the elliptical completed my gym time. Once home I had a turkey sandwich and then got into my Insanity Core & Balance workout. 40 minutes of stretching, lunging, and squatting. It's actually one of the more difficult workouts for me. Holding a deep squat for a minute with VERY sore & weak legs is kinda hard. Anyway, glad I got it in.

Late in the evening we went to a friend's daughter's 4th birthday. It was a pirate themed party! Argh maties! I had 2 hot dogs, some potato chips, and a cupcake. Kim and I were both frayed by the time we left. We're not used to being around a house full of running, playing children. The parents of the children seemed to be unfazed, kinda numb to it all.

Once home we grabbed JJF and took off on a nice walk. 2+ miles in the late evening 90 degree heat. Later, as we watched a West Wing marathon on the DVR, we ate some leftover veggie meat taco mix from the night before. Still just as good as the night before.

Sunday is REST DAY. I'm sure I'll walk, and might even spin during the World Cup finals. No Insanity, no running, no training. I'm looking forward to a rest. My left knee feels a little funny/loose (if that makes any sense). So a good day of rest then back at it on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment