Friday, July 23, 2010

Trainin Hard and Throwing Up.....

After my lost day yesterday, I made sure I trained hard and ate well today.

The morning started off with me having to work a little, which put me getting to the gym about an hour late. No problem though. I began my gym time with a fast(er) run than of late. The first two miles were in under 16 minutes and the third was finished under 24:30. I did run a few low intensity hills with the quicker pace, but then really increased the incline the final 5 minutes. By the time I had 30 minutes in I was very hot and almost dizzy feeling. I rested a minute and then began my arm workout. 3 sets of press downs, 3 sets of overhead barbell presses, and 3 sets of overhead dumbbell presses for triceps. Biceps began with 3 sets of straight bar curls, followed by 3 sets of seated incline dumbbell curls, and finally 3 sets of standing hammer curls. I couldn't go as heavy as last week with the hammer curls, but was within 5 pounds. I was so exhausted and borderline sick during the workout that I kinda vomited in my mouth between sets while training biceps. Who pukes training arms? I guess being exhausted from the run and combined with the general soul sucking heat we've been experiencing here in GA, I'm lucky I'm not puking and passing out every workout.

My Insanity Workout today was Pure Cardio and Cardio abs. Lots of running, jumping, twisting, and kicking during the Pure Cardio portion. The abs workout is pretty quick, but leaves me lying in the floor, in near whole body cramps at the conclusion. I burned around 800 calories from the Insanity session today (workout time plus some cool down).

Kim and I walked as soon as the temps dropped from the afternoon heat index of 105. Crazy hot here now. We walked without Jumping Jack Flash tonight because he has gone to visit with my parents and their dogs.

My spin session came later in the evening than usual. I was just too tired to ride when I initially came in from the gym. I climbed on during the Braves game.

My eating was much better today. I had a NS blueberry muffin, facon, and yogurt for breakfast. Post workout I had a protein shake (Labrada Lean Body, calorie free caramel sauce, a frozen banana, and a spoon full of chocolate peanut butter), and it was fantastic. After Insanity I had another yogurt, a few olives, and a sugar free jello pudding. Dinner tonight was veggie sailsbury steak (it was good!), carrots, and green beans. After our walk I had a final bowl of cereal. ~1800 calories on the day. BB has me burning 4800+.

Since I'm a day behind, I get to train legs tomorrow. Oh Joy! At least I get to have a nutritious breakfast with Kim first.

No comments:

Post a Comment