Friday, July 30, 2010

Legs, An Attempted Pug Party, Beef Tongue, & Ice Cream

Another Friday and that means it's LEG DAY!

I began the day with a muffin and some yogurt before heading to the gym. I arrived about an hour later than usual and ran 3+ miles using the Hill Program on the treadmill. Next came the leg workout proper. 3 sets of smith squats, 3 sets of true squats, 2 sets of leg presses, and 2 sets of leg extensions for quads. Hams began with 3 sets of seated leg curls, 2 sets of very light stiff leg dead lifts, and finally 3 sets of weighted hyper-extensions.

After the workout I had a protein shake before grabbing the pug and heading back to the gym for a Pug Party. Unfortunately, Belle (my pug) was scared of Emma (L's pug). That combined with a minor disturbance at the front desk at the gym made me decide to give up on the Pug Party a little quickly. Belle was actually terrified. I don't know why. She actually jumped (as well as a pug can) up into my arms. One home all was well again in Pug Land. She immediately began to battle with JJF.

Next up I rode the spin bike for 30 minutes before having a bowl of granola cereal.

A little before Kim got in from work I got in my Insanity Workout for the day. Again, it is the Core Cardio & Balance workout. Still gotta do it twice more over the weekend before starting the second 30 days of the program. Excited to get at it next week. With the longer Insanity workouts coming up, I think I have a real chance to have some 5000+ calorie burn days. I've come close quite a few times, even 4900+, but I've never hit 5k. Something to shoot for.

Tonight for dinner we went to a local Mexican place so we could grab some tortas. I wanted an Al Pastor torta. They were still out of Al Pastor, so I opted for Lengua (beef tongue). It was pretty good, but I only ate about half. I also had a very small (Mexican style) chorizo taco. Before all that we split some flour chips with cheese dip and salsa. After dinner we again had some ice cream. It was crazy good.

Tomorrow is all cardio, with maybe a few sets of abs at the gym. I think we're gonna grill out for dinner. Maybe some jerked salmon. Sunday is Rest Day! I think I'm still gonna do something. Insanity and a walk? Sounds good.

2 comments:

  1. why do you do your workout after cardio? I've always read it should be the other way around if you are doing both in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like doing cardio first. I pre-exhaust with the run. I don't have to lift as heavy after running. I started running first to prepare for Warrior Dash and really liked it. Plus I do cardio around 4 times per day so 3 of the cardio sessions are after the workout. I may switch it up before long, train then run. It really helps doing the running first on leg days though. I'm already warmed up and can get right to squatting or whatever. Plus after a leg workout I can't run....

    ReplyDelete