Sunday, July 4, 2010

Pollo Alegre

Friday I had the best run I've had since mid May. Varied intervals from 6-8 mph for 3 miles. Then I walked for the remaining five minutes before training legs. My leg workout was purposely restrained. After the run I only did 12 sets total. 3 sets of leg presses, 3 sets of leg extensions, 3 sets of seated leg curls, and finally 3 sets of hyper-extensions. I really wanted to find a good balance between a decent workout & making sure I wasn't too sore for my upcoming Insanity workouts. After the workout I rode 30 minutes on the spin bike and then walked around the lake late Friday afternoon.

Saturday my plan was to run early at the gym and then get Insane in the afternoon, followed by a bike ride later, and a walk around dark. Didn't work out that way. Got in another good run at the gym, but then had to work a bit in the afternoon. Insanity ended up being pushed entirely, biking was scarped, but I did get the late walk in around dark. It was neat seeing/hearing lots of fireworks going off nearby. Our dogs loved it.

Friday's food was not so good. Muffin for breakfast, shake after the gym. Then we had to work some and ended up in Chattanooga for an early dinner. It was the kinda meal Kim and I love. We felt like we were in a chapter from the book "Stuff White People Like". We were eating ethnic food, we were the only white people in the restaurant, & we were watching World Cup with the staff (who spoke little or no English). We were thrilled. We each had a HUGE bowl of Pho. Kim had seafood and I had strange beef (no idea what kind...). After dinner we hit a nearby Fresh Market and bought some various nuts, and two mini cannolis. Late Friday night Kim and I both freaked and had to have some fast food. She had some fries and I had a about 3/4 of a cheese burger and some fries. I was shocked/thrilled to learn that I couldn't eat all of the burger. Weird.

Saturday, breakfast was another muffin. After my run I didn't have a chance to have a shake before heading to work. Lunch was with my dad at one of his favorite places. Another place where we were the only white people. Pollo Alegre (Happy Chicken) is pretty cool. No menu. You either get a whole or a half smoked chicken. Sides are either bean soup or rice and beans. It was fantastic. Late Saturday night I had a couple of turkey sandwiches for my final meals.

Sunday began with an Insanity workout. The rest of the 4th will probably be spent doing non exercise things. I plan on eating some burgers, hot dogs, bbq, etc. Maybe just 1 of each. No late walk tonight either. Firework show doesn't start until 9:45. I'll trade my walk for a chance at some nice firework photos. Should be fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment