Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend.

The weekend found Kim and I watching lots of soccer. We both enjoy watching it, and unfortunately about the only time we can consistently find soccer matches televised is during the World Cup. Now I've got something to watch every morning while riding the spin bike!

The temperature here has reached miserable levels. 95-99 degrees, 50-80% humidity. Saturday we walked before lunch (it was overcast, hot, but tolerable) and again late (around 8:30). Sunday the sun was very bright and walking during the day was out of the question. We did walk late, but it was still hot and muggy.

Saturday food kinda sucked. Good breakfast of cereal, but the rest of the day was downhill. Kim bought some nuts for us to eat while watching USA vs. England, followed by some frozen fish sticks/nuggets. Dinner was grilled chicken, a tomato sandwich, and later a peanut butter sandwich.

Sunday we had Egg Beaters and veggie chorizo for breakfast, grilled chicken for lunch, grilled chicken after the gym, a peanut butter sandwich late in the afternoon, and dinner was field peas, a tomato sandwich, and squash. Tomatoes aren't even good yet, but I'm craving them something fierce.

My only gym time of the weekend was to train abs on Sunday. 3 sets of hammer strength weighted crunches, 3 sets of v-sits, and 3 sets of crunches. I then hit the treadmill for 30 minutes. 15 minutes of running, 15 minutes of walking, done in 5 minute intervals. I had zero foot or knee pain! My calves are a little sore still, but I'm getting much more comfortable running on the toes/balls of my feet now.

No comments:

Post a Comment