Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mixed Up

Today was all mixed up. I usually like to get in some AM cardio after breakfast, hit the gym after a snack, rest in the afternoon, walk in the evening, and maybe even a little more bike later on. Today I began with a ride to MetroAtl after breakfast (oatmeal). After dropping my sister and nephew off I shopped a bit with mom before having some sashimi for lunch. The fish was pretty good. Salmon, albacore, blue fin, octopus, shrimp, and super white fish all on a bed of rice. I ate all of the fish and a little rice. We then returned home just in time for me to get the hounds back inside the house before a storm hit.

After the storm I finally made my way to the gym. I began today's shoulder workout with 3 sets of military presses, then 3 sets of side lateral raises, followed by 3 sets of upright rows, then 3 sets of rear delts, and finally 3 sets of dumbbell shoulder shrugs. I moved on to 30 minutes on the treadmill, 5 minutes walking and 5 minutes running, then repeating. Afterward I did 15 minutes on the elliptical. The running today was better, but still bad. I felt fine with regards to stamina and strength, but my calves got tired relatively fast landing more on my toes than usual. Hope I'll get accustomed to it before long. The good news is that I don't have any thing hurting me at all, save my sore legs from my last leg workout.

After the gym I had a protein shake and decided to hit the spin bike for a bit. Easy 35 minutes as I watched Justified. I love just about anything Olyphant is in (loved Deadwood) so I got hooked watching Justified. Kim made it home a little later and we walked JJF around the lake (about 2.3 miles) at a relaxed pace. According to my BB I burned ~290 calories on the walk. Crazy to be able to burn that much just taking a leisurely walk.

Tonight's dinner is gonna be pretty light. A tomato sandwich and maybe some small LC meal. I'm actually still kinda full from lunch.

Tomorrow I hope to have more of a "normal" day. I think by tomorrow I'll finally be fully recovered from last weeks leg workout, just in time to train them again on Friday....

No comments:

Post a Comment