Thursday, June 3, 2010

Home and Back At It

And we're back from Texas, by way of New Orleans. Actually we got back late Tuesday night, but it took me a minute to unpack, catch up, and rest before getting a post ready.

We were in Texas to visit with fiends and attend a few cook outs. On the way back home we stopped for a night in New Orleans to grab some of our favorite sandwiches from Johnny's Po Boys. Lovely time had by all, but it's always great to come home.

I returned to the gym and very strict eating yesterday. I've really been kinda relaxed with my eating since we went to Costa Rica back at the beginning of March. I'm now rested and ready to push hard and drop my BF & overall size some more. I'm so sick of eating after the trip (I was fed all kinds of crazy good Mexican meats like cabeza [cheek], costillas [beef short ribs], extremely slow cooked brisket, along with a huge amount of vegetarian Indian food, and some of the best Pho' I've ever had) that I've already planned my summer meals. All "on" plan/diet/low calorie with the exception of my father's birthday meal, my birthday meal, and the 4th of July.

I trained with my mom yesterday. When I arrived she'd already started on the treadmill so I joined her on a nice uphill walk for 20 minutes. I'm still babying my feet to make sure I don't injure either of them. We began the weight training with 3 sets of triceps push downs, 3 sets of overhead presses, and finally 2 sets of rope press downs. Biceps were next beginning with 3 sets of seated incline curls, and then 3 relatively heavy sets of standing dumbbell curls. Mom took off at this point and I returned to the cardio for a bit. 15 minutes on an elliptical and then 15 more minutes on the treadmill, again just walking uphill.

My food intake was very controlled yesterday. Breakfast was a NS Blueberry muffin and some yogurt. I snacked on a few Brazil Nuts before the gym. After the gym I had a protein shake. Dinner was a Lean Cuisine Thai Chicken & Noodle entre (310 calories)! Dessert was a bite of Chocolate Peanut Butter. On the day I had less than 1600 calories. A little too low really, but a good start back. I only burned around 3300 on the day, so I've gotta get back to work with my cardio.

Below is a photo of the courtyard at the W New Orleans. We enjoyed a relaxing evening hanging out there and down by the waterfront Monday night.



No comments:

Post a Comment