Thursday, January 28, 2010

.25 Cent Oyster Night! (Day 166)

This post is for Thursday January 28th, 2010.

We're back into a nice routine late in the week. Up early to release the hounds, eat breakfast, and get in the first session on the spin bike. Next we hit the gym around lunch. 30 minutes on the treadmill (all 30 jogging/running today) before we trained back. After the cardio we were tired but we still trained fast. 3 sets of pull downs, 3 sets of t-bar rows, 3 sets of hammer strength pull downs and then we called it quits. Home again to rest and change clothes before dinner.

Thursday's are .25 cent oyster night at Easy Bistro. We took advantage tonight. Kim, my parents, and I headed North to feast. Kim had oysters and lentil soup. My parents had seafood pasta (Dad) and grilled fish (Mom). I had two dozen oysters and a cup of coffee afterward. I eat oysters with a little lemon juice and hot sauce, so no extra calories from cocktail sauce. They were good (especially for .25 cents each!) and surprisingly filling (and considering I don't eat crackers with them). After dinner we walked next door and shared a small cup of chocolate peanut butter ice cream. I had about 5 or 6 bites. Delicious. We barely ate half the small and threw away the rest. Once home I changed and hit the bike again for another 30 minutes. I had a pretty good calorie burn on the day.


Spinning after the oyster/ice cream feast

Kim had good news today. She was offered a job! She has to go in for a bit tomorrow morning. Hopefully we'll know after the meeting if we'll still get to go on vacation in March. Either way she's excited about the new position.

I had a good day with food. Breakfast was blueberry pancakes, facon, and a banana. My morning snack was a cup of Greek yogurt. Lunch was chili and a veggie burger. My afternoon snack was a chocolate chip cookie and a Kashi bar. Dinner was the raw oyster feast, some olives, and a few roasted, smoked nuts. Dessert was the few bites of ice cream and microwaved apple with calorie free caramel sauce (simply lovely).

BodyBugg Info:


Calories In = 1801 (estimate)
Calories Burned = 4151
Calorie Deficit = 2350

No comments:

Post a Comment