Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 165

This post is for Wednesday, January 27th, 2010.

Wednesday found us back on schedule, in a major way. Kim awoke around 6:30 (very, very strange) and arose to release the hounds. She then headed to the gym for a yoga class. I got up and hit the spin bike for 30 minutes and was ready to train when Kim got back from yoga. We trained shoulders since we're running a day behind this week. Tuesday we experminted with training first and then doing our time on the treadmill. I wasn't really happy with the change so we switched back to 30 minutes on the treadmill first again. My treadmill work began with DJ's 5x5x5 interval (5 minutes at 5mph, 5 @ 6mph, and 5 @ 7mph) then I moved into single minute intervals between 5mph and 8mph. At the 21 minute mark I slowed to 3.5mph and increased the incline to 11 and walked for 3 minutes (to allow my HR to drop back a little). I finished the remainder of the treadmill work running at 6 mph. The shoulder workout began with 3 sets of dumbbell military pressed, then 3 sets of dumbbell side lateral raises, and finally 3 sets of upright rows. We were both spent at the end.

Kim had a job interview early in the afternoon (good luck sweetie!) so while she was gone I caught up on editing some photos, blog posts, and REST. Once she made it back home we took JJF on a walk. Much nicer weather here (for a couple of days, anyway) so we couldn't stand not getting out and walking. I shot a brief video with my iPhone ('cause I'm unable to walk without shooting pics or a video). Not really the best quality, but I edited and uploaded it from the phone, no computer used at all.

Moss Lake Spillway from Zane Hollingsworth on Vimeo.



Later in the evening (before Psych came on, one of our favorite shows) I hit the spin bike for 30 more minutes. When I finished I was drenched with sweat as usual. Even with all of the cardio (60 minutes on the bike, 30 on the treadmill, and about 36 minutes walking outside) I still didn't hit the 4000 calorie burn.

We've put our cats on diet food previously and Wednesday we decided to put the hounds on lite food as well. Some of our big girls have gotten a little chunky. We'll see how this goes. Hopefully we won't have any sick, sick dogs as a result.

I had a good food day. The only thing off plan was a little extra yogurt (with honey) before the gym. Breakfast was lowfat granola cereal, yogurt, a banana, and a slice of bread. Morning snack was more yogurt, with honey (Fage). Lunch was pasta with beef, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce. My afternoon snack was a chocolate peanut butter bar. Dinner was veggie fajitas with veggie chorizo and a salad. Dessert was a white chocolate chunk cookie. Later in the evening, after the final session on the bike, I tried the apple in the microwave thing that was on The Biggest Loser. Pretty good, but when you add just a little ICBINB and some calorie free caramel sauce it's fantastic. We've gotta buy more apples now. Total calories for the day was around 1750.



BodyBugg Info:


Calories In = 1801 (I rounded my calories up a little)
Calories Burned = 3978
Calorie Deficit = 2177

No comments:

Post a Comment