Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Busy Busy & Lots of PIctures (Days 163 & 164)

It's been a couple of days since my last post. I've been a little busy and haven't been able to sit down and type one up. Here's a little roundup of Monday and Tuesday.

I went to bed relatively early Sunday night because I knew I had to be at a property early Monday morning as the business opened to repair some electricial issues. Since I'm not an electrician, I wanted to get a good night's sleep and be well rested when I got to the site. I love playing with electricity. It's invisible and can kill you. Cool. Anyway, just after midnight, Kim came into the bedroom and told me that as she was walking the pug before putting her to bed she heard a very loud hissing noise coming from the bushes near our fireplace. I thought she was going to tell me there was a snake or something that I needed to deal with. I wish. It was a blown gas line running to our fireplace, which we never use. I tried to shut off the gas at the meter, but I didn't have a tool with enough leverage to turn the rusted, old valve. So we had to call the gas company and have the on-call worker come out and take a look. Since it was gonna be awhile, Kim stayed up and I tried to go back to bed. A few hours later, after our gas had been shut off (they would not repair the line since it was on our side of the meter) I decided to take a shower while we still had hot water. So I finally get back to bed around 3 & then had trouble falling asleep. When the alarm went off before 7, I tried to answer the phone. My plan to be well rested failed spectacularly. The electrical repairs went very smoothly, I'm happy to report. Neither I, nor my father suffered any shocks.



I had a meeting scheduled for late in the afternoon Monday, which kinda ruined our chances of getting to the gym. So we decided the best use of our 2 hours before the meeting was for Kim and I to take a nap. She had been up since about time I left to deal with the repairs on the gas line. Luckily we rent a barn/warehouse to a plumber/electrician/ and he sent one of his guys over to fix the problem for us. We tried to nap, but the Pug was having none of it. She thought it was play time. She wanted to wrestle. I tried holding her, then playing with her, then I put her out of the bedroom, but she began to do the Pug cry/scream thing, so I just let her back inside. I slept none. Kim did a little.



I arrived at my meeting looking and feeling tired. Meeting went well and was over quickly. We returned home and got in our only exercise of the day, a 2+ mile walk with JJF. He seemed to enjoy it. I have no memory of what I ate on Monday, but I remember it being a higher calorie day. Thank goodness I ate the last of my protein bars and can now get back to days of lower calories and 100% NS days.



Kim and Jack on our Monday Walk

Tuesday started out much more normal. Bike for 30 minutes, gym (we're now a day behind), more bike, and an unexpected walk. My dad had stuck his truck at the lake (lots of rain lately) and when he got it unstuck he tried to leave the property via the back gate, which hasn't been opened in 10 years. He had no luck and brought a set of bolt cutters to me with the instructions to cut off the lock. I took the opportunity to walk the dog, and attempt to get some decent sunset pics at the same time. I bundled up (it's cold here again), loaded myself down with camera gear, water, and bolt cutters, grabbed JJF, and headed out just before dusk. Cutting the lock of was a joke. The bolt cutters were very small and I couldn't get enough leverage to cut through the hardened steel on the lock. I'll try a cutting torch next.


A self portrait, in the freezing cold shooting sunsets.


I walked back to where I wanted to shoot my pics from, set up, then I sat down in the only dry grass I could find to wait on the "good light" of sunset. I managed to get a few good pics in. I did have to keep running Jack out of the frame though. He's a camera hog.

Tuesday was a 100% on plan day. I had about 1560 calories I think. I hope to be back on my normal blog schedule starting Thursday morning.

A couple more Sunset Pics below.


2 comments:

  1. This might sound all techy and I'm far from that....anyway...did you happen to capture your setting on these shots? I seem to run too much ISO on these types of shots ESPECIALLY right at the twilight part of a sunset when its essentially dark but the best purples are coming out in the clouds....I gotta shoot more to learn more but these pics are just perfect...I've got to know the settings so I can...well, call it what it is...copy you. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam, I'll send you a message via FaceBook about the photos. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete