Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow in Georgia (Day 145)

Well, snow has arrived in the deep South (North Georgia, to be more precise). Schools have closed, businesses have closed, the state DOT just closed a portion of I-75. As I said before, less than an inch of snow and our state plunges toward chaos.


Yesterday Kim and I went to the gym to train arms. We began with 30 minutes on the treadmill. Instead of my normal uphill walk at a moderate pace I did DJ's 5x5x5 running program. 5 minutes at 5 mph, 5 minutes at 6 mph, 5 minutes at 7 mph. The next 15 minutes I did intervals, walking at 4.3 mph for 1 minute, followed by running at 8 mph for 1 minute. Just as we were finishing on the treadmill I received a call from a freight company telling me my new spinning bike was in their terminal, but couldn't be delivered until Tuesday. I decided to end our workout, track down a truck (they told me the package weighed 293 pounds and required a truck), & drive 2 towns South in the snow to pick up my bike. My father was kind enough to help me and we drove his truck. We had to clean out some space in the back of the truck first by unloading an air compressor, tool boxes, material, etc. but then were on our way. We considered taking a trailer to make sure we had enough room for this HUGE package. We arrived to find a small box, weighing much less than 100 pounds weighting on us. Guess the freight company needed to make a little extra money from the seller & not only weighed the bike, but the guy who was moving it as well. Dad looked at me and laughed as he said, "Glad we didn't bring the trailer to pick this up with, we'd have looked kinda stupid bringing it to pick up this little thing." We could have fit it in the trunk of Kim's Camry.



Once home I began the assembly and had it ready to ride within an hour. After dinner and a walk out by our frozen/snowy lake I took a 30 minute ride (as Alabama payed Texas, Roll Tide). Kim also tested it out with a 20 minute ride. So far so good. The seat is a little uncomfortable to say the least. I gotta find a larger, padded seat. I'll do a better review of the new bike tomorrow.


Kim, on thin ice.

So back to the snow. It's pretty, it's cold, & now it needs to leave. I just read on FaceBook our gym has just opened so at least we'll be able to train today. Our dogs are none to impressed by the snow either. The Pug went out this morning and spent the entire walk trying to climb up into my arms. She came in and pooped under the kitchen table. The big dogs did stay out briefly, but after about 15 minutes they were ready to come back in too.



I had a good food day (no craving PB since I made Kim hide it all yesterday). Breakfast was maple brown sugar oatmeal, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a cup of yogurt. Lunch was pasta with beef and a veggie chicken patty. My afternoon snack was a peanut butter cookie. Dinner was macaroni & cheese with beef, a salad, and bread. My dessert was a double chocolate almond cookie. I did add in part of a protein bar during the day as well.



Friday we'll train legs, & get in cardio on the treadmill while at the gym. I hope to get in 30 minutes on the bike before the gym and then another session late in the evening. Pics of us and the animals in the snow scattered out through this post.



BodyBugg Info:

Calories In = 1601
Calories Burned = 3749
Calorie Deficit = 2148

2 comments:

  1. your butt will be used to the seat after 3 rides...it always hurts at first. You can go to Target though and they have little padded seats for like $12 that you just put over top of the one you have (some people in GA brought them to spin class but I haven't seen any here).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already ordered one from Amazon. I feel like Lance Armstrong is trying to do bad things to my butt.

    ReplyDelete