Friday, January 22, 2010

Leg Day & a Sick Girlfriend (Day 160)

This post is for Friday, January 22nd, 2010.

If you follow my blog much, then you know that Fridays are leg days for me at the gym. 6 months ago this would have meant leg pressing 700-900 pounds for sets of 15-20. Squatting 225-315 for the same. Hack or True squatting 300-400 pounds, again for the same reps. Then I'd do hamstrings. Now leg days are different. I train much, much faster (I would rest about twice as long as it took me to do a set to recover). Now time between sets is less than 45 seconds. The weights are significantly lighter. Not because of the speed of the workout but because I'm pre-exhausting with cardio before I ever train. Before I wouldn't do cardio at all on leg day, and probably none the day after because I'd be to sore. Friday I did 30 minutes on a spin bike early, then 30 minutes of running on the treadmill immediately before the workout. My legs were already a little shaky when I crawled under the Smith machine for my first set of squats. I intended on doing 20 reps with my feet placed together, very far out in front of me. I only managed 15 reps and was very dissiapointed. I walked around the other side of the machine to discover that there was an extra weight on the far side of the machine I was unaware of. That's what I get for being lazy and trying to use a machine that someone had left the weights on. So that set was actually kinda good, just a little heavier than I wanted. 2 more quick sets of squats then on to the True Squat machine for 3 sets of 20. Leg presses were next, again 3 sets of 20. Leg extensions to follow, only doing 12-15 reps (my quads were jello at this point). Hamstrings began with 3 sets of lying leg curls, then 3 sets of seated leg curls, and finally 3 sets of hyper-extensions. The heaviest thing I lifted the entire workout was about 300 pounds on the leg press. I'm amazed at how much I like training AFTER being exhausted from cardio work. My final cardio of the day was late last night when I got in 30 more minutes on the spin bike.


Red Beans & Rice

I trained alone Friday because Kim was sick. Hopefully it was just a one day virus or something and she'll feel better on Saturday. If so we'll train abs and maybe let her get in a little leg work. I'm also craving a little sushi, but wouldn't dare ask her to go along if she still feels bad. Raw fish and the propensity to vomit don't mix well.


Sloppy Joe

Breakfast on Friday was a chocolate chip scone, yogurt, a banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was more yogurt, and just before my workout I had a small protein bar. Lunch was red beans and rice with sausage and broccoli with cheese sauce. My afternoon snack was a double chocolate almond cookie and a Kashi bar a little later. Dinner was a NS sloppy joe (open faced on wheat bread) broccoli and cheese sauce, a few olives, and another protein bar. Dessert was a chocolate crunch bar. I wasn't starving last night, but I did take a good amount of extra food (protein bars and the kashi bar).


Jack & Belle being friendly, for a moment.


Hopefully Kim will fell better and we'll get out of the house after we train (assuming we train). I've got to shoot one more photo for this month's photochallenge resolution theme. The other photos I've shot this month have been themed around exercise/health/weight loss. I think the final photo might be themed (somehow) about getting out and doing more than working out and dieting. Maybe some kinda self portrait (getting out from behind the camera). We'll see how creative I am after the workout.

BodyBugg Info:

Thursday:
Calories In = 2000
Calories Burned = 3769
Calorie Deficit = 1769

Friday:
Calories In = 2001
Calories Burned = 4006
Calorie Deficit = 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment