Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sushi Saturday (Day 161)

This post is for Saturday, January 23rd 2010.

I've been craving sushi lately. It didn't even have to be good sushi, just some decent salmon and tuna. We went with my parents to a little Japanese Steakhouse in a nearby town for dinner last night. My typical order before NS would have been about four different types of sushi (either sashimi or nigiri, depending on what the place served) plus a huge combination entree (steak, lobster, and shrimp). Last night I ordered tuna, yellow tail, salmon, and smoked salmon (all nigiri) along with a small salad and cup of soup. No entree at all. Yahoo! Sushi craving fulfilled.

We live in a small town in Georgia. There's really nothing special about our town (other than the lake and property we live at, IMHO). I can think of no reason anyone would ever come here, other than to visit relatives or for a job (large textile industry in the area). We do however have the largest Gourmet Popcorn store in the WORLD. It has over 100 different flavors of popcorn. Chocolate Peanut Butter, Pizza, Loaded Baked Potato, really anything you can think of. I decided that to celebrate being under 200 pounds I'd stop by after dinner and get a tiny bag of loaded baked potato popcorn. We drove by the Popcorn Haven to find it had already closed for the evening (and being that we live in the South it is also closed on Sunday, so no popcorn for me). I was crushed. My parents dropped us off back at the lake and I had a NS chocolate crunch bar. I was super unhappy. I snapped and we drove to the local Bruster's Ice Cream shop. I ordered two different ice creams, they were out of both. Kim had a "baby cone" of toffee bar, which was tiny and good. She at less than 1/2 and threw it away. I had a couple of bites of a small chocolate chip ice cream, which wasn't chocolate at all, and threw it away. Very unhappy still. Previously I would have ordered a double waffle cone and ate every bite, so it was kinda impressive that I only ate a few bites of a small cup, but I still wanted my celebratory popcorn (guess I was craving salt). We got back home and found something that made me happy. Cheesy Taco Pizza Rolls. Again, 6 months ago I'd have eaten at least 20 (1/2 the bag) without batting an eye, and more than likely the entire bag. Last night I had 6. They were FABULOUS. 200 completely non-nutritious calories of nasty, cheesy, salty perfection. NO REGRETS!


The uber fabulous Cheesy Taco Pizza Rolls!

The rest of the day was on plan for the most part. I did add a few protein bars in because I knew all I was gonna have for dinner was a little fish. Had I known I'd freak and eat Pizza Rolls and a little ice cream I would not have had the bars. I finished the day a little over 2500 calories. Extremely high calorie intake day for sure, but I still had a calorie deficit (not much compared to a normal day though).


Belle, waiting patiently for a bite of my pizza rolls. Hey, Belle now has her own FaceBook Page, add her as a friend!

We did get in a good ab workout Saturday around lunch. 3 sets of crunches with the medicine ball, followed by 3 sets of side twisty throwy medicine ball moves (creative names, I know), then 3 sets of jack knives, and finally 3 sets of hammer strength weighted crunches. Afterward Kim got in a very quick, nearly vomit inducing leg workout. 3 super sets of leg press/true squats, then 3 sets of glute kicks, and finally 3 sets of seated hamstring curls. My only cardio of the day was a 30 minutes session on the spin bike.

Tomorrow back to normal NS eating (except for dinner, Kim's gonna make home made Chana Saag and coconut rice!) and either 2 or 3 sessions on the spin bike.

BodyBugg Info:

Calories In = 3000 (estimate)
Calories Burned = 3443
Calorie Deficit = 443 (terrible, I know)

No comments:

Post a Comment