Sunday, January 24, 2010

Kim's Home Made Chana Saag (Day 162)

Sunday is our day off from the gym. I did get in a good bit of cardio today though. I made up for only getting in 30 minutes on the bike yesterday with 90 minutes today with 3 different sessions on the spin bike. One early while watching an old Bruce Willis movie on A&E (Striking Distance), the second ride during the Colt's game, and the last 30 minutes during the beginning of the Saints game. My legs are tight this evening. I think I got in a little over 24 miles on the day. Not to bad for a rainy Sunday.

Breakfast this morning was a NS Cinnamon Bun, a cup of yogurt, a banana, and a slice of bread. This morning snack was another cup of yogurt. Lunch was a chocolate peanut butter bar and a veggie burger. My afternoon snack was a double chocolate almond cookie. Dessert tonight was a chocolate crunch bar. Dinner this evening was Home Made Chana Saag and Naan.

One of our favorite Indian meals is Chana Saag. Chana Saag is a blend of spinach and chick peas with spices and a little yogurt. We simply love it. Of all the Indian places we've eaten at, only one has served Chana Saag. Tonight was Kim's first attempt at Chana Saag and it was fabulous. She used a recipe I found online here. Photos and video of the cooking and meal below.









The Naan kneading, as I felt the need to video it...(terrible, I know)


Again, the meal was just fantastic. I ended up eating two servings of the Chana Saag with coconut rice and one piece of the Naan. Kim counted the calories (the rice was a killer) and with the two large servings along with the rice and bread I had around 700 calories. When I eat this again I won't eat as much rice. All of the Chana Saag she made contained about 785 calories. I could eat that over the course of 5 meals (again, without the rice). I'm very excited about the fact that now we can have Chana Saag whenever we want!

The only bad thing about the meal is that I ate so much and I'm supposed to weigh in tomorrow morning. A big meal combined with erratic scales (they're still not right since I moved and cleaned them last week) makes for a nerve wracking weigh in. We'll see how it goes. If not good then I'll weigh in again Tuesday morning.

BodyBugg Info:

Calories In = 1801
Calories Burned = 3319
Calorie Deficit =1518

No comments:

Post a Comment