Thursday, January 7, 2010

Upping The Cardio (Day 144)

This post is for Wednesday, January 6th, 2010.

Kim and I hit the gym to train back today. I forgot my training belt & wrist wraps, so we were not gonna do our normal routine. We began with 30 minutes of cardio. Since my BodyBugg indicated I wasn't burning the amount of calories I thought I've been burning walking uphill, I decided to do all running/intervals on the treadmill. 5 minutes walking uphill level 15, speed 4 to warm up, then I set the incline to 0, speed 5mph for 5 minutes, then 6mph for 5 minutes, and then 7mph for 5 minutes. The final ten minutes I ran intervals jogging at 4.3mph and running a 8mph for a minute each. I felt great after the cardio and we moved on to our back workout. I didn't even attempt pull-ups without my wrist wraps/lifting straps so we began the workout with 3 sets of bodymasters machine rows, then 3 sets of hammer strength pull downs, followed by 3 sets of hammer strength seated one arm rows, and finally 3 sets of straight arm press downs (for serratus muscles). Back to cardio after the workout. I did 10 minutes on the elliptical trainer at increasing levels (12-16 over ten minutes) and then back to the treadmill for 5 minutes at 5mph and then intervals for the next 5 minutes between 4.3 & 8mph. I was tired by the end, but not immediately exhausted. By the time we drove home and I changed clothes I was spent. My legs felt heavy and for the next few hours I was a little slow moving around the house.



I had a pretty good food day. I rock all day until I finish my late snack. Then I'm staying hungry until I go to sleep. Breakfast was a double chocolate muffin, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread. Lunch was bean and ham soup and a veggie chicken burger. My afternoon snack was pound cake with 2 tsp of almond butter. Dinner was lasagna, broccoli & cauliflower with cheese sauce. My dessert was a double chocolate almond cookie with about a tbs of white chocolate peanut butter. Over the next few hours I had part of a protein bar, about another tbs of PB, and a little bit of cheese. Before we went to bed last night I gathered all of the various PB and placed them on the bar in the kitchen. I then went into my office so Kim could hide the PB from me. I simply cannot be trusted to use small amounts on my snacks any longer. Instead of the PB I'm gonna try adding a veggie burger after dinner and see if I'm happier eating that instead of little bites of PB for hours. The cheese stays ;)



I finally got around to shooting a well lit pic of my BodyBugg and digital display yesterday. It's for Photochallenge.org's 2010 photo project. January's theme is RESOLUTION. So for the pic above my Resolution is to wear my BodyBugg every day. I've gotta come up with 3 more resolution themed photos this month. I'm open for ideas.

BodyBugg Info:

Calories In = 1801
Calories Burned = 3654
Calorie Deficit = 1853

No comments:

Post a Comment