Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Beginning Week 15 (Day 99)

This post is for Monday, November 23rd, 2009. No excuse really, I was just lazy and didn't post last night.

I had a great day both food and workout wise. I began my workout with 20 minutes of run/walk on the treadmill. I walked at speed 4 & ran at speed 8. I was still waiting on my mother to arrive at this point so I moved to the elliptical and got in about 12 more minutes before she was ready to train. We did a chest workout using only Bodymasters equipment. 3 sets of iso-chest presses, 3 sets of flies, 3 sets of incline presses, 3 sets of seated chest presses, and finally 3 sets of dips (mom decided not to try any dips, one day I'll have her doing dips!). Back to the treadmill for 35 more minutes of speed 4, incline 13 to finish up my day at the gym. After Kim got in from work we took a shortened 20-25 minute walk (it was almost dark). I think I burned about 1600-1700 calories via exercise yesterday.



Over the past two weeks I've found that on days that I do a considerable amount of cardio I'm still hungry after my dessert each night. I've been adding either a small amount of cheese, 'cause I love cheese, or a protein bar. I had to add a protein bar tonight. Breakfast was lowfat granola cereal, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a yogurt banana blended smoothie. Lunch was a chicken salad sandwich and a spinach pancake. My afternoon snack was a chocolatey nougat bar. Dinner was rotini with meatballs, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce, and a slice of bread. Dessert was an oatmeal cookie with a cup of chai tea. Later I had the Supreme Protein bar. I think I had about 1700 calories on the day. If my math is anywhere near correct that puts me ~ 2200 calorie deficit on the day (assuming I burn around 2200 from being alive and doing normal activities).



Tomorrow is my sister's birthday. We'll be headed down to Atlanta to eat dinner somewhere to celebrate. I'd wanted the family to let me know where we are going to eat so I could try to look at the menu, post a link and see if any of my NS friends had any suggestions, but as of 8:30 AM the day of we still don't know where we are going. So this WILL be a good opportunity for me to eat at a restaurant and practice my new-found self control. I think we'll also do some shopping, both Xmas and try to find some new clothes for me that actually fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment