Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Worn Out (Day 79)

Worn out. That's how I feel right now. When I got home from the gym this afternoon I ate my lunch, grabbed my pug (Belle) and retired to the bed for a little nap. I wasn't even able to finish my usual cardio at the gym. I upped my HIIT workout on the treadmill from 15 to 20 minutes (and increased the run speed slightly) but that shouldn't have made me so tired I couldn't finish my other treadmill work. Anyway, I added an additional walking of the dog(s) so I can get all my cardio for the day in (7 miles again today).

I received another compliment from my insurance agent today at the gym. He told me to be careful because the gym was about to turn on the air conditioner. I looked at him like a confused puppy for a second before he explained that I need to be careful so I didn't blow away, as in I was small/skinny. I'm so not used to getting a compliment like that I actually thought he was talking about questionable electrical work on the HVAC system that was a potential hazard. Doh'!!!! Thanks again Kent!

I began the day getting up early so I could release the hounds and then took Jumping Jack Flash on our usual 2 mile walk. I then worked from home for a few hours before making my way to the gym. 20 minutes of HIIT then on to the weights to train shoulders. 3 sets of military presses, 3 sets of dumbbell side lateral raises, 3 sets of upright cable rows, and finally 3 sets of rear delts. I forgot my wrist straps so I didn't do any shoulder shrugs this week (plus I was exhausted). I returned to the treadmill for about 5 minutes, but I gave up and came home. I ate my lunch and then napped with the pug before taking another 2 mile walk before Kim got home from work. After Kim got home we walked 2 more miles with Jack. I think I ended up with about 7.5 miles on the day.

Today was another "on" plan day. Breakfast was cluster crunch cereal with raspberries, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread. My morning snack was a banana and yogurt. Lunch was a baby octopus salad and a bowl of chili with beans. My afternoon snack was a NS fudge brownie. Dinner this evening was another baby octopus salad (I finally ate all of the little babies) and a veggie fajita with fake chorizo. YUM! Dessert was a double chocolate almond cookie with a cup of vanilla caramel tea.

The best thing that happened today was TRACEY WENT HOME on TBL!!!!! Kim can't contain her happiness (nor censor her hatred for her in her Facebook posts about tonight's episode).

Hopefully my mother will again try to return to the gym to train with me tomorrow (she had to take her mother shopping today) but I'm not holding my breath. My sister is slated to return to visit for a couple of days & that usually means no gym for mom. Either way, I'll train back and get in as much cardio as I can. I hope I don't wuss out on my treadmill work at the gym like I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment