Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tragedy During Breakfast (Day 95)

Tragedy struck this morning. I was gathering my food to prepare my breakfast when I discovered to my & Kim's horror we were out of our beloved fake bacon. What to do, what to do? Kim prepared her breakfast of egg beaters and veggie chorizzo while I substituted yogurt for facon. Not to bad at all. We did make sure to go shopping this evening to re-up our facon stash. Along with my yogurt this morning I had berries and multigrain flakes, a banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was another cup of yogurt. Lunch today was one of my favorites, tomato and corn chowder along wit a veggie chicken patty. My afternoon snack was an oatmeal raisin cookie. Dinner this evening was one of the meals I'd bee kinda dreading. Wedged potatoes and beef. I don't know why. I loved it. I had 3 servings of broccoli and cheese sauce along with the entree. Dessert this evening was.

I had an outstanding, day long workout (more or less). I began at the gym on the treadmill with my HIIT workout. 15 minutes of run a minute, walk a minute, with my run speed at 8.0 again today. I moved on to train arms next. 3 sets of press downs, 3 sets of overhead triceps extensions, and 3 sets of machine dips. For biceps I began with 3 sets of seated incline curls, followed by 3 sets of standing dumbbell curls, and finishing up with 3 sets of rope curls. During the workout I had two different people stop and congratulate me on my weight loss. Love those compliments and a great opportunity to sing the praises of NS. After the weight lifting was finished I returned to the treadmill for 35 more minutes. Part of the time was my usual uphill at a moderate pace, but I also spent some time jogging as well. After lunch and a little rest the pug and I walked two miles around the lake. For my final cardio exercise of the day Kim, JJF, and I walked around the lake again once she was in from work this evening. On the day I think I had about 110 minutes of cardio for around 8.75 miles. Most of this was walking, but more and more of the time is becoming jogging. I didn't intend for this to happen, but it kinda feels good right now so I'm gonna keep at it.



Leg day tomorrow. My mom has promised to come in and train with me. Wish her luck! I did have another NSV this week in the gym. I used my Cardillo weight belt to train back with on Wednesday and I have moved from the first set of holes in the belt to the second set. I think the smallest I ever wore the belt was on the third set back in 1998 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment