Friday, November 6, 2009

Early Walk - With Photos - (Day 82)

I was up early this morning to release the hounds into the surprisingly cold outdoors. Jumping Jack Flash declined the offer to go out before the sun rose. He's a pretty smart little dog. He was cold & there was no way he was gonna come out of his warm crate until he had to. All of the other dogs burst outside to begin their long day of playing, barking, and napping in the back yard. I finally enticed Jack out of his crate by asking him if he wanted to go on a walk. He emerged happily and we were off. Being Friday, I wanted to get in a walk before training legs 'cause I knew I wouldn't feel like it after training. Jack and I walked and took the opportunity to snap a few pics of the geese that make our lake their winter home. We also spotted a hawk, and even got a nice shot of the moon shortly after sunrise.









After our morning walk I ate breakfast and then made my way to the gym. My mom returned today and trained legs with me. Before we began the workout I did 15 minutes of HIIT work on the treadmill. We began our workout on the true squat machine. 3 sets there and then off to the leg press for 3 more sets. We continued our quad work on the leg extension machine for 3 sets. For hamstrings we began with 3 sets of standing leg curls, then 3 sets of seated leg curls, and finished with 3 sets of hyper-extensions (mom bailed on me at the hyper-extensions, she always feels like she is going to fall over). I had planned on walking again this evening but was unable to before the sun went down and the cold temps returned. So I had a good workout and still did 45 minutes worth of cardio on the day (about 3.5 miles).

Today's meals were all "on" plan again. Breakfast was maple brown sugar oatmeal, facon, banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a cup of yogurt (eaten on the treadmill at they gym, I was running late). Lunch was a fudge graham bar, along with broccoli and cauliflower in cheese sauce. My afternoon snack was a golden pound cake. Dinner this evening was chicken pasta parmsean and broccoli with cheese sauce. My dessert this evening was a chocolate chip cookie with a cup of tea.

Off to bed so I can get up early and begin all the daily cardio again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment